LEXINGTON, Ky. — New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is telling Kentucky Republicans that President Barack Obama is "posing and preening" instead of working to resolve pressing issues facing the country.
Christie told some 600 Kentucky Republicans at a Lexington hotel on Saturday night that Obama "is the most ill-prepared person to assume the presidency in my lifetime."
Christie was in Kentucky to deliver a pep talk to state GOP leaders. The state's presidential primary is Tuesday, though it will have no significant impact. Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney is the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.
In his remarks, the New Jersey Republican focused on the general election. He said the president "cared more about posing and preening and making partisan politics the rule of the day in Washington D.C. than he's cared about progress."
- International tax competitiveness report: See...
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land in...
- Islamic State group calls for attacking...
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- 'The Lion King' earns record box office
- 'Maze Runner' races past 'Tombstones' with...
- Why a parent going to prison can be worse...
- Apple sells more than 10 million iPhones in...
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 20
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9
- How much America wants to be taxed 9
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 8
- Thousands march in NYC, around globe... 8
- It's not just young people —... 7
- Islamic State group calls for attacking... 5