LEXINGTON, Ky. — New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is telling Kentucky Republicans that President Barack Obama is "posing and preening" instead of working to resolve pressing issues facing the country.
Christie told some 600 Kentucky Republicans at a Lexington hotel on Saturday night that Obama "is the most ill-prepared person to assume the presidency in my lifetime."
Christie was in Kentucky to deliver a pep talk to state GOP leaders. The state's presidential primary is Tuesday, though it will have no significant impact. Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney is the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.
In his remarks, the New Jersey Republican focused on the general election. He said the president "cared more about posing and preening and making partisan politics the rule of the day in Washington D.C. than he's cared about progress."
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says violated its...
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back waterboarding
- Officer charged with murder in teen's death;...
- They put the giving in Thanksgiving
- Minneapolis police say 5 shot near protest scene
- Group raised suspicions before 5 were shot at...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 44
- Trump says he saw people celebrating... 38
- Carson tops new poll of Utah voters 28
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back... 25
- Kerry: US trying to speed up efforts to... 23
- Terrorism propaganda assignment causes... 15
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says... 14
- New school lunch regulations could turn... 12