LEXINGTON, Ky. — New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is telling Kentucky Republicans that President Barack Obama is "posing and preening" instead of working to resolve pressing issues facing the country.
Christie told some 600 Kentucky Republicans at a Lexington hotel on Saturday night that Obama "is the most ill-prepared person to assume the presidency in my lifetime."
Christie was in Kentucky to deliver a pep talk to state GOP leaders. The state's presidential primary is Tuesday, though it will have no significant impact. Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney is the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.
In his remarks, the New Jersey Republican focused on the general election. He said the president "cared more about posing and preening and making partisan politics the rule of the day in Washington D.C. than he's cared about progress."
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- Switched at birth, man raised in poverty...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining challenge
- Actor Paul Walker dies in car crash; was...
- Research: Native American genes have Eurasian...
- Detroit officially enters bankruptcy
- Newtown releases 911 calls showing anguish...
- Saving Africa? New book casts harsh light on...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 71
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 43
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 33
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Obama declares health care law is... 20
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 19
- Detroit officially enters bankruptcy 18
- Research: Native American genes have... 14