Steve Berry, author of "The Jefferson Key," will lecture and sign copies of his book, May 20, 4:30 p.m., at the I.J. and Jeanné Jewish Community Center, 2 N. Medical Drive. Berry will also conduct a writing workshop, May 21, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., at the Memorial House in Memory Grove Park, 485 N. Canyon Road. (801-581-0098 or www.slcjcc.org; 801-533-0858 or www.utahheritagefoundation.com)
The King's English Bookshop, 1511 S. 1500 East, will host signing with Michael Norman, author of "Skeleton Picnic," May 22, 7 p.m.; Benjamin Busch, author of "Dust to Dust," May 23, 7 p.m.; and Cevan LeSieur, author of "The Avenues," May 26, 2 p.m. (801-484-9100 or www.kingsenglish.com)
Salt Lake Community College Community Writing Center, 210 E. 400 South, will host a writing workshop, "Get on Your Soapbox: Writing to Proclaim and Complain," May 23, 6-8 p.m. Registration is required and costs $10. The writing center is also offering multiple one-hour writing workshops for kids and adults in conjunction with the Utah Arts Festival. Visit www.uaf.org for a complete list of these workshops. (801-957-2192 or www.slcc.edu/cwc)
Weller Book Works, 665 E. 600 South, will host a signing with Robert V. Taylor, author of "A New Way to be Human," May 24, 7 p.m. (801-328-2586 or www.samwellers.com)
Kimball Junction Library, 1885 W. Ute Blvd., Park City, will host a used book sale May 25-26, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. (435-615-3900)
Ken Sanders Rare Books, 268 S. 200 East, will host a signing with Bill Betenson, author of "Butch Cassidy, My Uncle," May 24, 7 p.m. (801-521-3819 or www.kensandersbooks.com)
"Nightingale," by Utah author David Farland, is a finalist for the 2012 Next Generation Book Awards for Best Young Adult Novel of the Year, a contest open to books worldwide.
Please submit event listings to email@example.com before 5 p.m. on Wednesday.
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is...
- 10 books that you were forced to read in...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: How media could help...
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its parks
- Amish country bristles at... 10
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 6
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt wed privately... 3
- Fallon to lead honors as Leno wins top... 2
- Is 'Harry Potter' actually about mental... 2
- EA Sports puts Damian Lillard on the... 2
- Miley Cyrus about VMA success: 'I'm in... 1