Donny Osmond will star in the next CSI television franchise — at least according to a spoof Osmond did with Jay Leno.
Osmond appeared Wednesday on "The Tonight Show," staring in a skit about a show called "CSI: Provo." The skit parodied the recently canceled "CSI: Miami" and the show's star Lt. Horatio Caine, played by David Caruso.
Sunglasses in hand (as much as on face) Osmond is shown discovering Provo's "biggest coke bust" (a stash of caffeine-laden Coka-Cola) and there is no shortage of cringe-worthy one liners ("Now that's a pickup line!").
Provo Mayor John Curtis seemed to take the skit in good fun.
"I've talked with many mayors from around the country, and I know they would love to have the problems we have in Provo," Curtis said on his blog.
Curtis did point out his city's actual library looks far nicer than the one depicted in the video.
- 'Bachelorette' contestant, BYU graduate dies...
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Justin Bieber apologizes for Japan war shrine...
- Heber Valley Historic Railroad Authority...
- Neon Trees' new album 'Pop Psychology'...
- Mayor wants Hale Center Theatre in South Jordan
- 'Modern Family' dad opens beer restaurant in...
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering...
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering... 8
- Film about man's crusade against child... 7
- 'Modern Family' dad opens beer... 2
- Justin Bieber apologizes for Japan war... 2
- Salt Lake Comic Con balloon artist... 2
- Memory Lane: Traveling through time on... 1
- Birthday Bard: A look at William... 1
- S.L. father-son team gets U-Turned,... 1