Donny Osmond will star in the next CSI television franchise — at least according to a spoof Osmond did with Jay Leno.
Osmond appeared Wednesday on "The Tonight Show," staring in a skit about a show called "CSI: Provo." The skit parodied the recently canceled "CSI: Miami" and the show's star Lt. Horatio Caine, played by David Caruso.
Sunglasses in hand (as much as on face) Osmond is shown discovering Provo's "biggest coke bust" (a stash of caffeine-laden Coka-Cola) and there is no shortage of cringe-worthy one liners ("Now that's a pickup line!").
Provo Mayor John Curtis seemed to take the skit in good fun.
"I've talked with many mayors from around the country, and I know they would love to have the problems we have in Provo," Curtis said on his blog.
Curtis did point out his city's actual library looks far nicer than the one depicted in the video.
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- Gift Guide: 3 ways to watch streaming video...
- 'Fire is catching,' so catch up with Katniss
- The unstoppable powerhouse of Disney's Frozen
- The Clean Cut: Christian funnyman Michael Jr....
- Three gluten-free pumpkin pie options
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 12
- Jennifer Lawrence: Privacy loss that... 4
- FanX returns in January with 'Star... 4
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys'... 3
- Gift Guide: 3 ways to watch streaming... 3
- Model-TV host Dickinson accuses Cosby... 2
- Going gluten-free for Thanksgiving 2
- Cookbooks see growth, but slow to move... 1