MILLER CORP. PLANS TO BUY 1280 AM
SALT LAKE CITY — Larry H. Miller Communications Corporation has signed a letter of intent to purchase the signals, towers and licenses of two Salt Lake City-area radio stations, 1280 (KZNS-AM) of Salt Lake City and 97.5 (KZNS-FM) of Coalville, from SLC Divestiture Trust I. In addition, Larry H. Miller Communications Corporation is also currently in discussion with Simmons Media Group to obtain its operating agreement for 960 (KOVO-AM), which serves Utah County.
No final decisions have been made regarding programming or personnel for these stations.
BODEMEISTER FAVORED IN PREAKNESS
BALTIMORE — Just like in the Kentucky Derby, Bodemeister is the favorite in the Preakness. This time, Bob Baffert intends to justify the odds.
Despite finishing second in the Derby, Bodemeister was installed as the 8-5 favorite for Saturday's second leg of the Triple Crown. The colt, trained by Baffert, set the pace at Churchill Downs before being overtaken in the stretch by I'll Have Another, who won by 11/2 lengths.
I'll Have Another is the second-favorite in the Preakness at 5-2.
Baffert, a five-time Preakness winner, was delighted to receive the No. 7 post in the 11-horse field.
I'll Have Another will start from the No. 9 post. The colt won the Derby out of the No. 19 post and will again be ridden by Mario Gutierrez.
LIVERPOOL OWNERS SACK 'KING KENNY'
LONDON — The adulation of Liverpool fans wasn't enough to save "King Kenny." Kenny Dalglish's lackluster second stint in charge of the fallen English power was halted by the club's American owners Wednesday after less than 500 days in charge.
D.C. UNITED TOPS RAPIDS IN MLS PLAY
WASHINGTON — Dwayne De Rosario scored in the first half, and Hamdi Salihi added his first goal at RFK Stadium in the second to help D.C. United beat the Colorado Rapids 2-0 on Wednesday night.
— Associated Press
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- Jazz empathetic for fired Kings coach, happy...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25