Petr David Josek, File, Associated Press
If the skies stay clear, millions of people in Utah will have a chance to see an eclipse of the sun early Sunday evening. People and organizations across the state have planned gatherings for those interested in viewing the eclipse.
ECLIPSE SUNDAY, MAY 20, 2012
Salt Lake City (Partial Eclipse)
Start: 6:18:42 pm
Maximum: 7:29:25 pm
End: 8:32:44 pm
Kanarraville (Annular Eclipse)
Start: 6:22:33 pm
Annularity ("Ring of Fire"): 7:31:31 to 7:36:04 pm
End: 8:37:12 pm
WASATCH FRONT VIEWING LOCATIONS
Weber State University, outside Lind Lecture Hall
University of Utah, South Physics Building
Library Square, Salt Lake Main Library/The Leonardo
Gateway Mall, Olympic Fountain
Sam's Club, 6525 S. State, Murray
Dimple Dell Recreation Center, 10670 South 1000 East, Sandy
SOUTHWEST UTAH VIEWING LOCATIONS
Kanarraville "Sweet Spot: 12 miles south of Cedar City on Interstate-15
Bryce Canyon National Park: 3 viewing locations with big-screen telescope projections
Brian Head Ski Resort: running Scenic Sky Lift for high-altitude viewing
Lake Powell/Wahweap View: viewing with astronomy club telescopes
Parowan Gap: near Cedar City
Cedar Breaks National Monument: Point Supreme
Eclipse Extravaganza, May 19, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Cedar City Aquatic Center
"Sweet Spot" Concert, May 19 7:30 p.m., Kanarraville
Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival, May 17-20, Bryce Canyon National Park
Annular Solar Eclipse Festival, May 17-20, Lake Powell, Wahweap, Glen Canyon Dam
BYU Astrofest, May 19, Eyring Science Center, Brigham Young University
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17