Taylor Hollist, Taylor Hollist
ST. GEORGE — A reunion for the descendants of pioneers Joseph and Polly Peck Knight will be June 8-9. The reunion includes a meeting in the St. George Tabernacle on June 8 at 7 p.m. with talks by St. George Temple President Bruce C. Hafen and temple matron Marie Hafen. On June 9, the rededication of Lydia Knight's headstone will take place on her 200th birthday. Lydia was the wife of Newel Knight and crossed the plains as a widow with seven children.
Joseph Knight Sr. was a friend of the Prophet Joseph Smith and helped support him during the translation of the Book of Mormon. Both Joseph Knight Sr. and Newel Knight are mentioned in the Doctrine and Covenants, sections 12 and 23.
The genealogies of Joseph Knight Sr.'s children and new family history research will be discussed in workshop classes on Friday starting at 1 p.m. at the LDS chapel at 445 S. 300 East, St. George. Fun family activities and tours are planned throughout the Dixie area for both days.
More information is available at josephknightfamily.org.
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- Comic: Overcome with the spirit
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 51
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Hindu festival celebrates birth of Lord... 2