Taylor Hollist, Taylor Hollist
ST. GEORGE — A reunion for the descendants of pioneers Joseph and Polly Peck Knight will be June 8-9. The reunion includes a meeting in the St. George Tabernacle on June 8 at 7 p.m. with talks by St. George Temple President Bruce C. Hafen and temple matron Marie Hafen. On June 9, the rededication of Lydia Knight's headstone will take place on her 200th birthday. Lydia was the wife of Newel Knight and crossed the plains as a widow with seven children.
Joseph Knight Sr. was a friend of the Prophet Joseph Smith and helped support him during the translation of the Book of Mormon. Both Joseph Knight Sr. and Newel Knight are mentioned in the Doctrine and Covenants, sections 12 and 23.
The genealogies of Joseph Knight Sr.'s children and new family history research will be discussed in workshop classes on Friday starting at 1 p.m. at the LDS chapel at 445 S. 300 East, St. George. Fun family activities and tours are planned throughout the Dixie area for both days.
More information is available at josephknightfamily.org.
- For his brothers: American Fork family with 4...
- Jabari Parker posts photo of himself with LDS...
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high hopes...
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- 'Fire is catching,' so catch up with Katniss
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- The Clean Cut: A cappella group's take on...
- At the Vatican, President Eyring says... 85
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat 58
- America needs heroes, Mitt Romney tells... 55
- Vatican brings faiths, including LDS,... 48
- Pope announces U.S. visit, greets... 34
- Former presidential candidate Mitt... 32
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 32
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 27