Taylor Hollist, Taylor Hollist
ST. GEORGE — A reunion for the descendants of pioneers Joseph and Polly Peck Knight will be June 8-9. The reunion includes a meeting in the St. George Tabernacle on June 8 at 7 p.m. with talks by St. George Temple President Bruce C. Hafen and temple matron Marie Hafen. On June 9, the rededication of Lydia Knight's headstone will take place on her 200th birthday. Lydia was the wife of Newel Knight and crossed the plains as a widow with seven children.
Joseph Knight Sr. was a friend of the Prophet Joseph Smith and helped support him during the translation of the Book of Mormon. Both Joseph Knight Sr. and Newel Knight are mentioned in the Doctrine and Covenants, sections 12 and 23.
The genealogies of Joseph Knight Sr.'s children and new family history research will be discussed in workshop classes on Friday starting at 1 p.m. at the LDS chapel at 445 S. 300 East, St. George. Fun family activities and tours are planned throughout the Dixie area for both days.
More information is available at josephknightfamily.org.
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Religious groups react to Boy Scouts’...
- 14 surprising, heartwarming videos of LDS...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- DJ Kaskade talks about sticking to LDS...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Passing the torch
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir members react to...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 279
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 60
- Do contraceptive rules make religious... 41
- Religious groups react to Boy... 39
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 29
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 17
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces first... 14
- ... 10