Taylor Hollist, Taylor Hollist
ST. GEORGE — A reunion for the descendants of pioneers Joseph and Polly Peck Knight will be June 8-9. The reunion includes a meeting in the St. George Tabernacle on June 8 at 7 p.m. with talks by St. George Temple President Bruce C. Hafen and temple matron Marie Hafen. On June 9, the rededication of Lydia Knight's headstone will take place on her 200th birthday. Lydia was the wife of Newel Knight and crossed the plains as a widow with seven children.
Joseph Knight Sr. was a friend of the Prophet Joseph Smith and helped support him during the translation of the Book of Mormon. Both Joseph Knight Sr. and Newel Knight are mentioned in the Doctrine and Covenants, sections 12 and 23.
The genealogies of Joseph Knight Sr.'s children and new family history research will be discussed in workshop classes on Friday starting at 1 p.m. at the LDS chapel at 445 S. 300 East, St. George. Fun family activities and tours are planned throughout the Dixie area for both days.
More information is available at josephknightfamily.org.
- Pope Francis: The world's at war, but not a...
- Pope visits Auschwitz in silence, meets...
- Pope urges clergy to go into the world, tend...
- Bill would prevent LGBT discrimination at...
- Pioneer Day sunrise service: 'A legacy of faith'
- Days of '47 Parade: 'Pioneers: Inspiring...
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of history, too
- Wright Words: What I learned on a trail near...
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 45
- Democrats and Republicans double-down... 34
- 'Duck Dynasty' star: Media,... 26
- 5 prayers to God that were just uttered... 22
- Defending the Faith: The 18th annual... 21
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 17
- The Clean Cut: New BYU football video... 15
- Great quote, Tim Kaine, but John Wesley... 12