Taylor Hollist, Taylor Hollist
ST. GEORGE — A reunion for the descendants of pioneers Joseph and Polly Peck Knight will be June 8-9. The reunion includes a meeting in the St. George Tabernacle on June 8 at 7 p.m. with talks by St. George Temple President Bruce C. Hafen and temple matron Marie Hafen. On June 9, the rededication of Lydia Knight's headstone will take place on her 200th birthday. Lydia was the wife of Newel Knight and crossed the plains as a widow with seven children.
Joseph Knight Sr. was a friend of the Prophet Joseph Smith and helped support him during the translation of the Book of Mormon. Both Joseph Knight Sr. and Newel Knight are mentioned in the Doctrine and Covenants, sections 12 and 23.
The genealogies of Joseph Knight Sr.'s children and new family history research will be discussed in workshop classes on Friday starting at 1 p.m. at the LDS chapel at 445 S. 300 East, St. George. Fun family activities and tours are planned throughout the Dixie area for both days.
More information is available at josephknightfamily.org.
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- Clark Gilbert named new president of BYU-Idaho
- LDS statement could move Utah...
- 'Studio C' cast talks to LDS teens about...
- See why this Christian mother is giving up...
- LDS Church's official website to evolve over...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 172
- Hamblin & Peterson: Bible wars among... 42
- See why this woman's decision not to... 41
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 35
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks... 33
- LDS statement could move Utah... 25
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12
- See why this Christian mother is giving... 12