CHICAGO — The groom is being sought in the stabbing death of his young bride hours after their marriage — his new wife's body found in a bathtub in the silver sequin cocktail dress she wore at her wedding reception and possibly at the wedding itself, police said Tuesday.
The manhunt continued for 30-year-old Arnoldo Jimenez, who is wanted on a first-degree murder warrant in the slaying of Estrella Carrera, 26, shortly after they celebrated their marriage with friends, said police in the Chicago suburb of Burbank.
"It was a very brutal killing," Capt. Joseph Ford of the Burbank Police Department told The Associated Press later Tuesday. "We do our jobs every day, of course. But something like this really motivates you to work even harder."
It is possible that Carrera was also wed in the short, shimmering dress in which she was killed, Ford said.
After they were married Friday afternoon at Chicago's City Hall, the couple had dinner with friends at a restaurant, then headed to a nightclub in a party limousine. They were last seen at 4 a.m. Saturday, and Carrera's body was found in her Burbank apartment Sunday.
- 50 things you might not know about 15 of your...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound of...
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million viewers
- Former South African President Nelson Mandela...
- Obama administration will allow green energy...
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 105
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 30
- Colorado court hears discrimination... 28
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Research: Native American genes have... 23
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 23