Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Gov. Gary Herbert just appointed an oil and gas lobbyist as his energy adviser. I'd like to know how Herbert can excuse such an irresponsible and short-sighted decision. Will an oil and gas lobbyist advocate for all types of energy, including wind and solar, as the Herbert administration claims it wants to?
I have a sneaking suspicion that oil and gas lobbyist Cody Stewart understands the needs of industry stakeholders far more intimately than he will the mothers of asthmatic children whose young lungs are already compromised by polluted air.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Revisiting the Holocaust as...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch: Misrepresentation against...
- Kathleen Parker: Baltimore riots —...
- Letter: Social judges?
- Jay Evensen: Face it Salt Lake, panhandlers...
- Dean Li: Don’t stop debating merits of...
- Letter: No cash deposits
- Lois M. Collins: If rioters sincerely want...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch: Misrepresentation... 69
- John Hoffmire: The pathway to change in... 49
- In our opinion: Greece's fiscal... 34
- In our opinion: Regulatory relief,... 33
- Letter: No humane way to kill 30
- Michael Erickson: Lincoln saved a... 27
- Dean Li: Don’t stop debating... 25
- Letter: No cash deposits 23