Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Gov. Gary Herbert just appointed an oil and gas lobbyist as his energy adviser. I'd like to know how Herbert can excuse such an irresponsible and short-sighted decision. Will an oil and gas lobbyist advocate for all types of energy, including wind and solar, as the Herbert administration claims it wants to?
I have a sneaking suspicion that oil and gas lobbyist Cody Stewart understands the needs of industry stakeholders far more intimately than he will the mothers of asthmatic children whose young lungs are already compromised by polluted air.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence suggests...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of Catholic...
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a...
- My view: Have we crippled our kids with a...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Politicos...
- Letter: Good Samaritan
- Robert J. Samuelson: Whatever happened to the...
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a... 69
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence... 45
- George F. Will: The low depths of... 27
- Letter: Good Samaritan 22
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of... 20
- Letter: Inversion concerns 19
- My view: Keystone Pipeline not in... 17
- A. Scott Anderson: Inversions will... 16