Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Gov. Gary Herbert just appointed an oil and gas lobbyist as his energy adviser. I'd like to know how Herbert can excuse such an irresponsible and short-sighted decision. Will an oil and gas lobbyist advocate for all types of energy, including wind and solar, as the Herbert administration claims it wants to?
I have a sneaking suspicion that oil and gas lobbyist Cody Stewart understands the needs of industry stakeholders far more intimately than he will the mothers of asthmatic children whose young lungs are already compromised by polluted air.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's...
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Republicans and Democrats agree, in part, on...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 82
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 49
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37
- Letter: Protected lands 36