Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Gov. Gary Herbert just appointed an oil and gas lobbyist as his energy adviser. I'd like to know how Herbert can excuse such an irresponsible and short-sighted decision. Will an oil and gas lobbyist advocate for all types of energy, including wind and solar, as the Herbert administration claims it wants to?
I have a sneaking suspicion that oil and gas lobbyist Cody Stewart understands the needs of industry stakeholders far more intimately than he will the mothers of asthmatic children whose young lungs are already compromised by polluted air.
Salt Lake City
- A beleaguered family — 12 in 4...
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions
- John Florez: The people's voices don't count
- In our opinion: Six heroes for our values in...
- Letter: Distance from religion
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests — a...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Our year-end...
- Drew Clark: Ebola, cybersecurity and...
- Letter: Access to health care 42
- John Florez: The people's voices don't... 33
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests... 29
- Letter: Distance from religion 24
- Letter: Sharing culpability 22
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes... 15
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions 15
- Prisons bring much positive change 13