Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Gov. Gary Herbert just appointed an oil and gas lobbyist as his energy adviser. I'd like to know how Herbert can excuse such an irresponsible and short-sighted decision. Will an oil and gas lobbyist advocate for all types of energy, including wind and solar, as the Herbert administration claims it wants to?
I have a sneaking suspicion that oil and gas lobbyist Cody Stewart understands the needs of industry stakeholders far more intimately than he will the mothers of asthmatic children whose young lungs are already compromised by polluted air.
Salt Lake City
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- In our opinion: Forgiveness, positive focus...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 57
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 41
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 32
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: Foreign aid 17
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid 14