Brad Rock: Rock on: Ex-Jazz forward Carlos Boozer's Bull story
After Chicago's playoff-ending loss to Philadelphia, last week, ex-Jazz forward Carlos Boozer was asked to assess his season, which included a 1-for-11 shooting performance in Game 6.
"I thought I played well, especially with the kind of season it was," he told reporters. "We had the best record again in basketball, won our division again, had the top seed again, that's all that matters, yo."
So the Bulls, a No. 1 seed, are out of the playoffs in the first round — which is also something that matters.
At least to most fans.
And to most players, too.
OVER AND OUT
Mitt and Ann Romney appeared last week at a Hawks-Celtics playoff game and, sure enough, the TNT cameras were there to record it.
Upon seeing the presidential candidate and his wife, analyst Charles Barkley said on-air: "We're going to beat you like a drum in November. Don't take it personally. You seem like a nice guy, but you're going down, bro."
Kinda like he and the Suns did in the '93 NBA Finals?
Now that he's with the New York Jets, Tim Tebow says he's changing his dog Bronco's name to Bronx.
On the bright side (at least for the dog), Tebow didn't change it to Bedford-Stuyvesant.
Big East commissioner John Marinatto resigned last week.
Sources say he decided it was time to step down right after he got calls on the same day from Alaska-Anchorage and Minnesota-Duluth.
First, there was ex-Weber State coach Mike Price's nightclub incident that got him fired at Alabama. Then there was former USU coach Larry Eustachy, who was fired at Iowa State for partying with coeds.
Now comes the reminder that disgraced former Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino once worked at Utah State and Weber State.
What's up with the bad behavior and Utah connections?
On the other hand, Dale Murphy and Frank Layden live in Utah, so maybe it all evens out.
Lastly comes that remark by Raja Bell, who last week called Ty Corbin "unprofessional" in his communication skills.
Just wondering: Isn't there also something unprofessional about calling a co-worker unprofessional in public?
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 82
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 67
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 54
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 33
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine... 29
- Pac-12 South: Bruins the favorite, but... 22