Brad Rock: Rock on: Ex-Jazz forward Carlos Boozer's Bull story
After Chicago's playoff-ending loss to Philadelphia, last week, ex-Jazz forward Carlos Boozer was asked to assess his season, which included a 1-for-11 shooting performance in Game 6.
"I thought I played well, especially with the kind of season it was," he told reporters. "We had the best record again in basketball, won our division again, had the top seed again, that's all that matters, yo."
So the Bulls, a No. 1 seed, are out of the playoffs in the first round — which is also something that matters.
At least to most fans.
And to most players, too.
OVER AND OUT
Mitt and Ann Romney appeared last week at a Hawks-Celtics playoff game and, sure enough, the TNT cameras were there to record it.
Upon seeing the presidential candidate and his wife, analyst Charles Barkley said on-air: "We're going to beat you like a drum in November. Don't take it personally. You seem like a nice guy, but you're going down, bro."
Kinda like he and the Suns did in the '93 NBA Finals?
Now that he's with the New York Jets, Tim Tebow says he's changing his dog Bronco's name to Bronx.
On the bright side (at least for the dog), Tebow didn't change it to Bedford-Stuyvesant.
Big East commissioner John Marinatto resigned last week.
Sources say he decided it was time to step down right after he got calls on the same day from Alaska-Anchorage and Minnesota-Duluth.
First, there was ex-Weber State coach Mike Price's nightclub incident that got him fired at Alabama. Then there was former USU coach Larry Eustachy, who was fired at Iowa State for partying with coeds.
Now comes the reminder that disgraced former Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino once worked at Utah State and Weber State.
What's up with the bad behavior and Utah connections?
On the other hand, Dale Murphy and Frank Layden live in Utah, so maybe it all evens out.
Lastly comes that remark by Raja Bell, who last week called Ty Corbin "unprofessional" in his communication skills.
Just wondering: Isn't there also something unprofessional about calling a co-worker unprofessional in public?
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on... 28