Tom Smart, Deseret News
I have written many letters and emails to Sen. Orrin Hatch. I have never failed to receive an in-depth answer to any of my questions or complaints. This was not always true with Sen. Bob Bennett who scarcely ever answered his correspondence, which is why I voted against him.
You cannot ask more of a man than that he faithfully fulfills his elected office. Hatch has always been a good and faithful servant of his constituents. Regardless of his age, he deserves to be re-elected. His opponent wants his job. I don't know if he could do it as well, but I do know that he could not do it any better. I am a right-of-middle conservative. I have not always been pleased with the GOP, but I have never been displeased with Hatch.
Salt Lake City
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- White House press corps has been turned into...
- Commentary claims liberals are shocked by...
- Michael Gerson: Common Core standards are not...
- George F. Will: Obama takes a page from...
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an assault on...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Letters: No welfare, ever 78
- Letters: Move to the center 37
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 34
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 29
- Letters: Dismantle IRS 25
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21