Tom Smart, Deseret News
I have written many letters and emails to Sen. Orrin Hatch. I have never failed to receive an in-depth answer to any of my questions or complaints. This was not always true with Sen. Bob Bennett who scarcely ever answered his correspondence, which is why I voted against him.
You cannot ask more of a man than that he faithfully fulfills his elected office. Hatch has always been a good and faithful servant of his constituents. Regardless of his age, he deserves to be re-elected. His opponent wants his job. I don't know if he could do it as well, but I do know that he could not do it any better. I am a right-of-middle conservative. I have not always been pleased with the GOP, but I have never been displeased with Hatch.
Salt Lake City
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- Doug Robinson: The era of 'I'm sorry'
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 60
- Letter: Doctors unite 39
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 32
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 25
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 20
- Letter: No limits 20
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 18