Tom Smart, Deseret News
I have written many letters and emails to Sen. Orrin Hatch. I have never failed to receive an in-depth answer to any of my questions or complaints. This was not always true with Sen. Bob Bennett who scarcely ever answered his correspondence, which is why I voted against him.
You cannot ask more of a man than that he faithfully fulfills his elected office. Hatch has always been a good and faithful servant of his constituents. Regardless of his age, he deserves to be re-elected. His opponent wants his job. I don't know if he could do it as well, but I do know that he could not do it any better. I am a right-of-middle conservative. I have not always been pleased with the GOP, but I have never been displeased with Hatch.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- My view: They run toward danger
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- In our opinion: National security and... 61
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 35
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 17
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 14
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13