Tom Smart, Deseret News
I have written many letters and emails to Sen. Orrin Hatch. I have never failed to receive an in-depth answer to any of my questions or complaints. This was not always true with Sen. Bob Bennett who scarcely ever answered his correspondence, which is why I voted against him.
You cannot ask more of a man than that he faithfully fulfills his elected office. Hatch has always been a good and faithful servant of his constituents. Regardless of his age, he deserves to be re-elected. His opponent wants his job. I don't know if he could do it as well, but I do know that he could not do it any better. I am a right-of-middle conservative. I have not always been pleased with the GOP, but I have never been displeased with Hatch.
Salt Lake City
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- In our opinion: Forgiveness, positive focus...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 57
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 41
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 32
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: Foreign aid 17
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid 14