CHESTER, Pa. — Kenny Cooper scored in the 78th minute to lift the New York Red Bulls past the Philadelphia Union 3-2 on Sunday.
Joel Lindpere and Markus Holgersson also scored for the Red Bulls (7-3-1), who won their fourth match in a row and moved into first place in the Eastern Conference with 22 points. Sporting Kansas City is one point behind New York.
Lionard Pajoy scored two goals as the Union (2-6-1) dropped their third straight despite scoring twice for the first time this season. They entered the match with only five goals, tied with Chivas USA for last in the league.
CHIVAS USA 1, EARTHQUAKES 1: At Santa Clara, Calif., Alan Gordon's goal in the 89th minute salvaged a tie for the San Jose Earthquakes. Gordon, a substitute in the 57th minute, headed in a perfectly placed cross pass off the left wing from rookie midfielder Sam Garza to tie it. San Jose (7-2-2) moved into sole possession of second place in the Western Conference, three points behind Real Salt Lake.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34