CHESTER, Pa. — Kenny Cooper scored in the 78th minute to lift the New York Red Bulls past the Philadelphia Union 3-2 on Sunday.
Joel Lindpere and Markus Holgersson also scored for the Red Bulls (7-3-1), who won their fourth match in a row and moved into first place in the Eastern Conference with 22 points. Sporting Kansas City is one point behind New York.
Lionard Pajoy scored two goals as the Union (2-6-1) dropped their third straight despite scoring twice for the first time this season. They entered the match with only five goals, tied with Chivas USA for last in the league.
CHIVAS USA 1, EARTHQUAKES 1: At Santa Clara, Calif., Alan Gordon's goal in the 89th minute salvaged a tie for the San Jose Earthquakes. Gordon, a substitute in the 57th minute, headed in a perfectly placed cross pass off the left wing from rookie midfielder Sam Garza to tie it. San Jose (7-2-2) moved into sole possession of second place in the Western Conference, three points behind Real Salt Lake.
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27