"It's going to be a more physical series," said Miami's Chris Bosh, who will see time at both power forward and center in the series. "There will be a lot of fouls drawn, but we can't worry about foul trouble. Of course, we can't just foul them. Free throws are a huge part of their offensive efficiency. So we're going to have to have a fine balance between both. We'll have to use our fouls wisely but try not to foul in the act of shooting."
Oddly, one of the reasons Wade feels like Miami should be in position to win this Sunday is because it lost last Sunday.
The Heat had a chance to sweep the Knicks in Game 4 of the first-round series, but Wade missed a wild shot at the buzzer and New York extended the matchup with a two-point win. Miami closed it out at home on Wednesday night.
Obviously, Miami would have preferred to win that game and sweep the series. But Wade says the benefit to playing a fifth game in that series was that Miami didn't have to sit around for a week and wait for the second round. The Heat were off Thursday, practiced Friday and Saturday, and Wade figures they'll still be sharp for Game 1 against the Pacers.
"The best thing for us was to keep playing and stay in our rhythm," Wade said. "You want to kind of stay in the flow of things. And we're ready to get back out there. It's going to be a special day, an opportunity to share what LeBron and this team has worked for all year long with our fans before the game and we'll go from there."
Follow Tim Reynolds on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/ByTimReynolds
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15