WALTHAM, Mass. — After a rushed 66-game schedule following the NBA lockout, the playoffs are more of the same.
The Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers have just one day to prepare for their Eastern Conference semifinal series beginning Saturday night. The Celtics advanced Thursday by eliminating the Atlanta Hawks in six games, about an hour after the Sixers knocked the Chicago Bulls out in Game 6 of their first-round series.
Celtics forward Paul Pierce says he likes the rhythm of playing every other day. But his sore left knee could use the rest.
Boston guard Ray Allen is also recovering from an injury. He said he had a setback in his recovery from bone spurs in his right ankle and is back to where he was a couple of weeks ago.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35