WALTHAM, Mass. — After a rushed 66-game schedule following the NBA lockout, the playoffs are more of the same.
The Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers have just one day to prepare for their Eastern Conference semifinal series beginning Saturday night. The Celtics advanced Thursday by eliminating the Atlanta Hawks in six games, about an hour after the Sixers knocked the Chicago Bulls out in Game 6 of their first-round series.
Celtics forward Paul Pierce says he likes the rhythm of playing every other day. But his sore left knee could use the rest.
Boston guard Ray Allen is also recovering from an injury. He said he had a setback in his recovery from bone spurs in his right ankle and is back to where he was a couple of weeks ago.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 121
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 32
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20