WALTHAM, Mass. — After a rushed 66-game schedule following the NBA lockout, the playoffs are more of the same.
The Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers have just one day to prepare for their Eastern Conference semifinal series beginning Saturday night. The Celtics advanced Thursday by eliminating the Atlanta Hawks in six games, about an hour after the Sixers knocked the Chicago Bulls out in Game 6 of their first-round series.
Celtics forward Paul Pierce says he likes the rhythm of playing every other day. But his sore left knee could use the rest.
Boston guard Ray Allen is also recovering from an injury. He said he had a setback in his recovery from bone spurs in his right ankle and is back to where he was a couple of weeks ago.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 95
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 78
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 59
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 42