In short: Doug Deeds drove in five runs on a pair of doubles to lead Salt Lake to a 9-6 victory over Round Rock Friday night at Spring Mobile Ballpark. The left fielder provided the go-ahead scores with the bases loaded in the sixth inning.
Trailing 4-3, the Bees scored six times in the decisive frame to take control of the series finale. Paul McAnulty, Alberto Rosario and Kole Calhoun also drove in runs for Salt Lake during the outburst. Andrew Romine knocked in a run earlier in the game.
The Bees have won three straight games.
Bees manger Keith Johnson's take: "Tonight we were able to create some damage and capitalize in some situations."
Up next: Albuquerque at Salt Lake, tonight, 6:35. Isotopes TBA vs. Bees RHP Greg Smith (0-0, 0.00 ERA).
Next homestand: Through Tuesday vs. Albuquerque (Dodgers).
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 67
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 35
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28