DENVER — Ty Lawson scored 32 points, fellow spark plug Corey Brewer added 18 and the Denver Nuggets forced a Game 7 in their first-round playoff series with a dominating 113-96 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday night.
The free-wheeling Nuggets are one win from running the lumbering Lakers right out of the playoffs. Game 7 in the Western Conference series is Saturday night at the Staples Center.
This will be the Nuggets' first all-or-nothing playoff game since losing to Utah in Game 7 of the 1994 conference semifinals.
Kobe Bryant followed his 43-point outburst in Game 5 with 31 points in 3½ quarters despite a sour stomach that prevented him from attending the Lakers' morning shootaround and forced him to take intravenous fluids all day. He took a seat for good with Los Angeles down 101-73 with 7:52 remaining.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 56
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 49
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45