Apparently, President Obama is trying to garner more support by being the first president to back something that has only become controversial because of people who think something that has worked for generations is no longer deemed as a sacred trust. Like Lewis Carrol's character of the Cheshire Cat, he doesn't seem to want us to know whether we are going forward or going in circles. He surrounded himself with people that have no business being in their positions, squandered a lot of money in things that do not work, and has dared to consider himself to be a great president.
What his education in the history of law fails to teach him is that a president is only considered to be a great one after his presidency is over and the consequences of his choices are brought to light. Examples include Jefferson and the Louisiana Purchase, Lincoln and the Emancipation Proclamation, JFK and the goal to put a man on the moon, and Reagan's speech in front of the Berlin Wall. Obama's claim on the finding and elimination of Osama bin Laden actually belongs to the previous president.
Despite all of the jabs and criticisms toward George W. Bush and a few ill-conceived choices, Bush began the push to find one of the most wanted terrorist leaders in modern history. Obama may have given the order, but Bush was the one who called for the hunt. In time, Bush may be vilified in his call, but Obama should stop trying to look beyond the looking glass.
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running shoe...
- Timothy R. Clark: Graduation advice for my...
- Letters: Threats justified
- Snapshot of 2013 in political cartoons
- My view: Nothing sinister about Common Core
- State pensions threaten to bleed states dry
- In our opinion: New leader in Iran, but...
- In our opinion: Limit the power of the...
- Letters: Stop the witch hunt 35
- John Florez: Show leadership on... 31
- Supreme Court, Congress, citizens: The... 27
- Letter: Media failure 25
- Robert Bennett: Sticking to facts is... 23
- Letters: Threats justified 23
- In our opinion: Limit the power of the... 18
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running... 17