Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Even though he didn't see the court much this year, Jeremy Evans was clearly one of the happiest players in the Jazz locker room.
"Season went great," Evans said with a big smile on his face during the Jazz's locker clean out.
Evans is a team player, and evaluates everything on the team level. He only averaged 7.5 minutes a game this season, but he still had an eventful year.
As a replacement, Evans competed in and won the NBA dunk contest this year in Orlando. Evans even sees winning the dunk contest as an accomplishment that his team made.
"Not every player gets that chance and opportunity," Evans said, "To go down there and share it with my teammates was fun."
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin has been impressed with Evans this year.
"Even though Jeremy Evans didn't get a lot of time on the floor, I think he made tremendous strides in his game," Corbin said Tuesday.
Evans agrees that he has improved from his rookie season but still wants to enhance his game.
"I feel like I've improved, but not to where I want to be," he said, "I still want to keep working and get better. And improve my ball-handling skills."
Evans wants to progress as a small forward and said that the Jazz management wants him to build more confidence while out on the floor.
Corbin admits Evans deserves more playing time and said, "It's unfortunate for him and it's on me, that I didn't find other ways of getting him time on the floor."
Evans said he would talk to his agent about his options, but he expects to be playing in Utah next year. He went on to say, "Hopefully it stays that way."
"I look forward to seeing (Evans) going forward," Corbin said.
Besides figuring out his contract situation, Evans plans on helping out at some Jr. Jazz camps this summer and also playing in summer league with the Jazz.
It is still unknown if Evans will have a place on the Jazz next season, but wherever he ends up, Evans will probably have a smile on his face.
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's quarterback,...
- Utah State denies David Collette's release,...
- BYU's Rose adjusts lineup — freshman...
- How did they fare? Locals in the NFL roundup...
- Dick Harmon: Aggies will give BYU best shot...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- Davis High named top girls soccer team in the...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 128
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 55
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 49
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 45
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 41
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35