Vadim Ghirda, Associated Press
BUCHAREST, Romania — Radamel Falcao scored twice, Diego had a goal and Atletico Madrid defeated Athletic Bilbao 3-0 in an all-Spanish final Wednesday night to win the Europa League for the second time in three seasons.
Falcao scored in the seventh and 34th minutes, giving him 29 goals in 29 games over two seasons in Europe's second-tier club competition. Diego added a goal in the 85th.
Bayern Munich hosts Chelsea on May 19 in the final of the Champions League, Europe's top club competition.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22