Concerning many citizens' assertion that somehow substantial monetary accumulation by a presidential candidate is a liability, I would remind people of our first president, George Washington. It is estimated that he was worth $525 million, or about 2 percent of the total U.S. budget in 1789.
Maybe replacing Washington with someone like James Buchanan, a bachelor with few dollars in his pocket, on Mount Rushmore would be logical with this type of reasoning.
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA fool you...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: After change to state pension...
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- Letter: Methane benefits
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 60
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 44
- Letter: Human body 41
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 38
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 26
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25