Related list: Utah Jazz players' summer plans and final thoughts
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Jazz rookies Alec Burks and Enes Kanter restored a long-time team tradition on "locker cleanout day." They made the journey from EnergySolutions Arena to nearby Crown Burgers for an extensive takeout order to treat their teammates to burgers, fries and drinks.
Burks noted that the final bill was around $340.
"You've got to do what you're told," Burks said of the end-of-the-season food run by rookies on the team.
The folks at Crown Burgers weren't surprised by the big order, or by the big guys picking it up.
"They knew it was coming," Burks added.
The tradition was interrupted last season when a catering company was used.
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Friday night lights central, week 5: Scores,...
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- BYU defense, offense being noticed for...
- Parry's Power Guide for week 5
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 105
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 70
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 49
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 44