Related list: Utah Jazz players' summer plans and final thoughts
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Jazz rookies Alec Burks and Enes Kanter restored a long-time team tradition on "locker cleanout day." They made the journey from EnergySolutions Arena to nearby Crown Burgers for an extensive takeout order to treat their teammates to burgers, fries and drinks.
Burks noted that the final bill was around $340.
"You've got to do what you're told," Burks said of the end-of-the-season food run by rookies on the team.
The folks at Crown Burgers weren't surprised by the big order, or by the big guys picking it up.
"They knew it was coming," Burks added.
The tradition was interrupted last season when a catering company was used.
- BYU basketball: 3 players record...
- Local NFL watch: How Utah players fared in...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up just...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- Utah Jazz: A few slices of holiday spirit...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's prep roundup
- LDS general authorities make appearance at...
- Power rankings: Pac-12, WCC, MWC men's...
- Mike Sorensen: Despite disappointing... 188
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 88
- BYU football: Cougar offense rebounds... 84
- Utah football: Utes end season with... 76
- BYU, Utah State basketball: Second-half... 74
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 58
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 50