Related list: Utah Jazz players' summer plans and final thoughts
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Jazz rookies Alec Burks and Enes Kanter restored a long-time team tradition on "locker cleanout day." They made the journey from EnergySolutions Arena to nearby Crown Burgers for an extensive takeout order to treat their teammates to burgers, fries and drinks.
Burks noted that the final bill was around $340.
"You've got to do what you're told," Burks said of the end-of-the-season food run by rookies on the team.
The folks at Crown Burgers weren't surprised by the big order, or by the big guys picking it up.
"They knew it was coming," Burks added.
The tradition was interrupted last season when a catering company was used.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 26
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 15
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 14