Related list: Utah Jazz players' summer plans and final thoughts
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Jazz rookies Alec Burks and Enes Kanter restored a long-time team tradition on "locker cleanout day." They made the journey from EnergySolutions Arena to nearby Crown Burgers for an extensive takeout order to treat their teammates to burgers, fries and drinks.
Burks noted that the final bill was around $340.
"You've got to do what you're told," Burks said of the end-of-the-season food run by rookies on the team.
The folks at Crown Burgers weren't surprised by the big order, or by the big guys picking it up.
"They knew it was coming," Burks added.
The tradition was interrupted last season when a catering company was used.
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Utah Jazz select Baylor forward Taurean...
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 149
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 58
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 38
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 19