Related list: Utah Jazz players' summer plans and final thoughts
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Jazz rookies Alec Burks and Enes Kanter restored a long-time team tradition on "locker cleanout day." They made the journey from EnergySolutions Arena to nearby Crown Burgers for an extensive takeout order to treat their teammates to burgers, fries and drinks.
Burks noted that the final bill was around $340.
"You've got to do what you're told," Burks said of the end-of-the-season food run by rookies on the team.
The folks at Crown Burgers weren't surprised by the big order, or by the big guys picking it up.
"They knew it was coming," Burks added.
The tradition was interrupted last season when a catering company was used.
- Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- Kevin Durant leads US to second exhibition...
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- Michael Jordan gives $2 million; looks to...
- Cubs get closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 51
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 23
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 17