"I don't have a number (of years), but I know that this year when I was playing well and I was playing, I felt good. My body felt good," Bell said. "I was worried that I wouldn't be able to chase people and I wouldn't be able move my feet, and I felt like I had some nights where I smothered some guys and really got up under them and did my thing. I shot the ball pretty well. It was exciting to me, coming off a year like last year, where I could never find that, so I do think I could (play more in the NBA)."
Corbin spoke before Bell went off and didn't offer much detail about the shooting guard's future.
As for not playing Bell in the playoffs, Corbin said, "That's on me."
Added the coach: "I just decided it wasn't the best thing for us — where we were and where he was — to go as we were going."
Bell had fought back from a knee injury and suffered groin muscle issues, but he felt good enough to play and help the Jazz in the playoffs.
"Do I think I could've contributed? I do. I played the Spurs in three playoff series in my career. Big battles with Manu (Ginobili), Tony (Parker), those guys," Bell said. "When you have referees coming up to you asking you why aren't you playing because you can make a difference out there (and) their team asking you why aren't you playing because we really were worried if you were in the scouting report, those things make you wonder."
Bell continued: "But it wasn't my call to make and once I realized after Game 1 when (Corbin) cleared the whole bench and I didn't even touch the court at the end of the game that it was a personal matter, then I didn't care any more."
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Injury-riddled BYU set to host WCC powerhouse...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory over...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 35
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 26
- Utah basketball: No. 14 Runnin' Utes... 18