SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Symphony/Utah Opera will collaborate with the Alzheimer's Association Utah Chapter for "Making Sense of Alzheimer's Month" in May, providing those with Alzheimer's disease and related dementias more access to classical music.
USUO will offer discounted and complimentary tickets for May performances to those with Alzheimer's and related dementias, their families and their caregivers.
The organization hopes to provide a chance to enjoy the soothing and energizing aspects of music that contribute to music therapy treatments.
USUO will also provide small outreach performances by professional musicians at local care centers.
For more information about "Making Sense of Alzheimer's Month," call 801-533-6683.
- 'The Voice' returns Monday with Pharrell,...
- Photos: Fall colors over Guardsman Pass
- Photos: Elton John brings 'All The Hits' to Utah
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video sentenced
- Actress detained by police refuses to apologize
- The latest ‘Godzilla’ reboot...
- ‘Big Bang Theory,’...
- Summer movie season wasn't so bad for 'the...
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 4
- Millennials read more books than their... 3
- The complicated relationship between... 3
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for... 2
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream... 2
- Actress detained by police refuses to... 1
- Erin Stewart: How to survive your... 1