SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Symphony/Utah Opera will collaborate with the Alzheimer's Association Utah Chapter for "Making Sense of Alzheimer's Month" in May, providing those with Alzheimer's disease and related dementias more access to classical music.
USUO will offer discounted and complimentary tickets for May performances to those with Alzheimer's and related dementias, their families and their caregivers.
The organization hopes to provide a chance to enjoy the soothing and energizing aspects of music that contribute to music therapy treatments.
USUO will also provide small outreach performances by professional musicians at local care centers.
For more information about "Making Sense of Alzheimer's Month," call 801-533-6683.
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave' image of...
- Disney's 'Brave' makeover sparks fury from...
- A crash course in 'Star Trek' for non-Trekkies
- Doug's Take: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' is a...
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on...
- Book review: 'Joseph: A Stalwart Witness' is...
- A look back at the Star Trek film franchise
- Is the Wii U already becoming outdated?
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave'... 9
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Once in a while,... 5
- A look back at the Star Trek film... 3
- Prince Harry to see NJ storm damage,... 1
- 'Into Darkness' is missing that 'Star... 1
- OJ back in court; Day 4 of bid for new... 1
- Former lawyer says OJ Simpson knew... 1
- Turning the corner? E-book revenue... 1