Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin plans to use same starting lineup as in first two playoff games
SALT LAKE CITY — All the "armchair quarterbacks" as one media member put it — newspaper columnists, radio talking heads and fans on the street, etc., — have been calling for Utah Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin to play a bigger lineup that includes second-year player, Derrick Favors, more.
In the first two games, Favors played 26 and 21 minutes, respectively, which is actually a little more than the 21.3 minutes he averaged during the regular season. However, the Jazz have done better with Favors on the floor during the playoffs
When asked about it after Saturday morning's shootaround, Corbin laughed, joking that he was surrounded by armchair quarterbacks, then addressed the issue.
"We'll see — we've used it in this series so far and we'll continue to see what gives us the best chance," he said. "At times it's good for us and at times it's not."
Corbin explained that the way San Antonio spaces the floor, that the rotations are longer and with two "four" men in the lineup, the Jazz must get out to Spurs' players on the perimeter. How much he might go with the Favors-Al Jefferson-Paul Millsap front line, he wouldn't say.
"It's been effective for us at times during the year and we need to use it.," he said.
Corbin did say he plans to use the same starting lineup as in the first two playoff games with Josh Howard starting at the small forward spot and joined by Millsap, Jefferson, Gordon Hayward and Devin Harris.
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- USU football: Aggies geared up to take on the...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 52
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41