Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin plans to use same starting lineup as in first two playoff games
SALT LAKE CITY — All the "armchair quarterbacks" as one media member put it — newspaper columnists, radio talking heads and fans on the street, etc., — have been calling for Utah Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin to play a bigger lineup that includes second-year player, Derrick Favors, more.
In the first two games, Favors played 26 and 21 minutes, respectively, which is actually a little more than the 21.3 minutes he averaged during the regular season. However, the Jazz have done better with Favors on the floor during the playoffs
When asked about it after Saturday morning's shootaround, Corbin laughed, joking that he was surrounded by armchair quarterbacks, then addressed the issue.
"We'll see — we've used it in this series so far and we'll continue to see what gives us the best chance," he said. "At times it's good for us and at times it's not."
Corbin explained that the way San Antonio spaces the floor, that the rotations are longer and with two "four" men in the lineup, the Jazz must get out to Spurs' players on the perimeter. How much he might go with the Favors-Al Jefferson-Paul Millsap front line, he wouldn't say.
"It's been effective for us at times during the year and we need to use it.," he said.
Corbin did say he plans to use the same starting lineup as in the first two playoff games with Josh Howard starting at the small forward spot and joined by Millsap, Jefferson, Gordon Hayward and Devin Harris.
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's quarterback,...
- Utah high school boys basketball previews:...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- BYU's Rose adjusts lineup — freshman...
- How did they fare? Locals in the NFL roundup...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan against...
- Rock On: A bad day gets worse for Whittingham
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad story of...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 128
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 54
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 45
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 44
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 39
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35