Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin plans to use same starting lineup as in first two playoff games
SALT LAKE CITY — All the "armchair quarterbacks" as one media member put it — newspaper columnists, radio talking heads and fans on the street, etc., — have been calling for Utah Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin to play a bigger lineup that includes second-year player, Derrick Favors, more.
In the first two games, Favors played 26 and 21 minutes, respectively, which is actually a little more than the 21.3 minutes he averaged during the regular season. However, the Jazz have done better with Favors on the floor during the playoffs
When asked about it after Saturday morning's shootaround, Corbin laughed, joking that he was surrounded by armchair quarterbacks, then addressed the issue.
"We'll see — we've used it in this series so far and we'll continue to see what gives us the best chance," he said. "At times it's good for us and at times it's not."
Corbin explained that the way San Antonio spaces the floor, that the rotations are longer and with two "four" men in the lineup, the Jazz must get out to Spurs' players on the perimeter. How much he might go with the Favors-Al Jefferson-Paul Millsap front line, he wouldn't say.
"It's been effective for us at times during the year and we need to use it.," he said.
Corbin did say he plans to use the same starting lineup as in the first two playoff games with Josh Howard starting at the small forward spot and joined by Millsap, Jefferson, Gordon Hayward and Devin Harris.
- 2015 Heisman Trophy tracker, preseason...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- BYU football: With opener one week away,...
- BYU football: Ranking the most important...
- Video: BYU commit Jaren Hall lifts Maple...
- BYU football position preview: The...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 78
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 61
- BYU football: Lone Peak's Jackson... 32
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 25
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 25