The Las Vegas 51s banged out fifteen hits and rolled to an 11-3 win over the Salt Lake Bees on Friday night. Salt Lake's Andrew Romine launched the second pitch of the game over the right-center field fence to give the Bees a 1-0 lead, but the 51s roared back with four runs in the bottom of the first off of Bees' starter Eric Hurley. Las Vegas tied the game on a sacrifice fly by Ricardo Nanita and then took the lead on back-to-back RBI doubles by Moises Sierra and Danny Perales to make it 3-1. Yan Gomes wrapped up the scoring in the first with a run scoring single.
Hurley (2-3) took the loss as worked four and one-third innings and allowed nine runs, eight earned, on ten hits with three walks and four strikeouts. Luis Jimenez led the Bees with two hits, both of them doubles, while Romine added two hits and one run batted in. Kole Calhoun belted his second home run of the season and Doug Deeds chipped in with an RBI single, as Salt Lake suffers their eighth loss in their last nine games.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 115
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 49
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 46
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45