NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Shane Doan scored in the first period, Mike Smith made 25 saves and the Phoenix Coyotes beat the Nashville Predators 1-0 on Friday night to grab a 3-1 lead in the Western Conference semifinal series.
By winning their first game in the month of May, the Coyotes can advance to the conference finals with a win in Game 5 on Monday night in Arizona.
The Predators played with forwards Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn benched for a second straight game, this time the decision by coach Barry Trotz to stick with the lineup that won 2-0 on Wednesday night. When Radulov and Kostitsyn were announced as scratches, some fans cheered.
They sorely missed their offense, though Nashville thought it tied it with 7:12 remaining. But officials waved off the power-play goal because a whistle blew before the puck crossed the line.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 147
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 102
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25