NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Shane Doan scored in the first period, Mike Smith made 25 saves and the Phoenix Coyotes beat the Nashville Predators 1-0 on Friday night to grab a 3-1 lead in the Western Conference semifinal series.
By winning their first game in the month of May, the Coyotes can advance to the conference finals with a win in Game 5 on Monday night in Arizona.
The Predators played with forwards Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn benched for a second straight game, this time the decision by coach Barry Trotz to stick with the lineup that won 2-0 on Wednesday night. When Radulov and Kostitsyn were announced as scratches, some fans cheered.
They sorely missed their offense, though Nashville thought it tied it with 7:12 remaining. But officials waved off the power-play goal because a whistle blew before the puck crossed the line.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 42
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 37
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26