The Gifted Music School
SALT LAKE CITY — Members of the Utah Symphony, performing side-by-side with some of the state's elite youth musicians, will present an evening of classical masterworks as Vladimir Kulenovic conducts this annual "All-Star Evening" performance for the first time as the symphony's associate conductor.
This All-Star Evening will be held Tuesday, May 15, at 7 p.m. in Abravanel Hall, and will feature a program of works by Wagner, Tchaikovsky, Prokofiev and Sibelius with young violinist Aubree Oliverson soloing on Tchaikovsky's Concerto in D for Violin and Orchestra.
Thirteen-year-old Oliverson, from Orem, made her solo debut with the Utah Symphony in the annual Salute to Youth competition performance at age 11. Recently, she was invited to appear as a soloist on National Public Radio's program "From the Top." She has also performed as principal violin with the Suzuki Youth Orchestra of the Americas, and in 2010, she won a first prize in the Utah Stradivarius Competition and was the youngest of three final evening soloists. At age 12, Aubree won first prize in the highly competitive American Protege International Strings Competition and performed at Carnegie Hall. Oliverson was the Best-of-State winner as Utah's top individual instrumentalist for 2011 and also received the Boss trophy for being Utah's overall winner in the Arts and Entertainment category as the state's top entertainer.
Tickets for the performance range from $8 to $20 and can be purchased by calling 801-355-2787, in person at the Abravanel Hall ticket office, 123 W. South Temple or by visiting www.usuo.org. Season ticket holders and those desiring group discounts should call 801-533-6683. Ticket prices will increase $2 when purchased the day of the performance.
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with One...
- Public will soon see 125-million-year-old...
- New Star Wars tabletop games announced
- There's something wonderful about old music
- Sherry Young: The man who delivers flowers,...
- US diplomats barred from ice bucket challenge
- The art of improv: Creating something funny...
- Chloë Grace Moretz and music not enough...
- US diplomats barred from ice bucket... 11
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with... 9
- About Utah: She showed him the light 3
- Public will soon see... 3
- MAC Commissioner: ESPN deal brings... 2
- Sherry Young: The man who delivers... 1
- The dog days of summer bring out movies... 1
- There's something wonderful about old... 1