A calendar of LDS-themed events from around the United States and Canada.
CES Fireside: Elder Marlin K. Jensen, May 6, 6 p.m. MDT (see cesfiresides.lds.org )
Multistate YSA Conference 2012: May 18-20, Springdale and Fayetteville, Arkansas (register at ozarkysa.com )
Time Out for Women and Time Out for Girls: May 4-5, Long Beach Convention Center, theater, 300 E. Ocean Blvd., Long Beach (see www.tofw.com and deseretbook.com/timeout/tofg for registration, cost, presenters and other information)
Erie: Adoption Awareness 5K run/walk, May 19 (see coloradofsa.blogspot.com/2012/04/adoption-awareness-5k-walkrun.html for information)
Denver: Central Region Families Supporting Adoption Conference (for adoptive and birth families), June 8-9 (see centralregionfsa.blogspot.com/2012/03/central-region-families-supporting.html for information)
Tampa: "Choose to be Great," Regional YSA Conference, June 22-24 (see ysaconference.org or contact Jane French 813-928-4465) for registration information
BYU— Idaho (Rexburg): Josh Wright, May 11; Mirari Brass Quintet, May 15; "An Evening with Bill Cosby," June 7 and 8, Hart Auditorium; Alyson Cambridge, June 28; "Patriots and Pioneers," a tribute performed by university choirs and the Symphony Band, July 14, BYU-Idaho Center; Jon Schmidt and Steven Sharp Perry, July 26 (see www.byui.edu/tickets or by calling 208-496-3170)
Washington D.C. Temple Visitors' Center: Utah Valley University Chamber Choir, May 6, 7 p.m.; Night of Music and Inspiration, May 8, 7:30 p.m.; BYU-Hawaii Alumni Chapter, May 12, 7 p.m.; Lyons Sister, May 13, 7 p.m.; Why I Believe: Olga Campora, May 20, 7 p.m. (see www.mormon.org/dc )
Kansas City Missouri Temple: Dedication, May 6 (tickets from a bishop or branch president required)
Time Out for Women: May 4-5, Long Beach Convention Center, theater, 300 E. Ocean Blvd., Long Beach (see www.tofw.com for registration, cost, presenters and other information)
Portland Ensign Choir and Orchestra: "Once Upon a Dream" concerts with Jenny Oaks Baker, June 15, 8 p.m., Salem (tickets required, see www.portlandensign.org )
Brigham City Utah Temple: Open house, Aug. 18-Sept. 15, closed Sundays and Sept. 8 (tickets required, see BrighamCityMormonTemple.org for tickets starting July 30); dedication, Sept. 23 (tickets from a bishop or branch president required)
Church history: Men and Women of Faith lecture: "Joseph Smith, Man of Faith" by Ronald O. Barney, May 10, 7 p.m., Church Office Building Auditorium, 50 E. North Temple St., Salt Lake City (see history.lds.org/event/man-of-faith or call 801-240-2745)
Murray Region: Murray Family History Fair, June 9, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Murray High School, 5440 S. State St. (see www.MurrayFamilyHistoryFair.com for class list and registration)
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm headed to...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the time to...
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did not win'...
- Amish school shooter's kin: Horror, then healing
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its history,...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 106
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm... 63
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 22
- Space and religion: How believers view... 20
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 13
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did... 9
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 8
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the... 8