Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A person with knowledge of the situation says Utah State and San Jose State are jumping from the Western Athletic Conference to the Mountain West Conference in 2013 for football.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity Thursday because the move won't be formally announced until Friday. The Salt Lake Tribune first reported the move.
The person says Utah State is making the move to the MWC in all sports. A few of San Jose State's sports programs will not be affected.
The two schools would replace San Diego State and Boise State, which are joining the Big East for football.
Earlier Wednesday, University of Texas System regents approved letting UT-San Antonio move to Conference USA in 2013. UTSA will play in the WAC this season.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37