Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A person with knowledge of the situation says Utah State and San Jose State are jumping from the Western Athletic Conference to the Mountain West Conference in 2013 for football.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity Thursday because the move won't be formally announced until Friday. The Salt Lake Tribune first reported the move.
The person says Utah State is making the move to the MWC in all sports. A few of San Jose State's sports programs will not be affected.
The two schools would replace San Diego State and Boise State, which are joining the Big East for football.
Earlier Wednesday, University of Texas System regents approved letting UT-San Antonio move to Conference USA in 2013. UTSA will play in the WAC this season.
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Amy Donaldson: South Jordan mom eyes Boston...
- Brad Rock: Silence is the wrong approach for...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- Meet the 21 Utah ties on the NFL playoff rosters
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point range...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 41
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 38
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point... 15
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory... 13