Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A person with knowledge of the situation says Utah State and San Jose State are jumping from the Western Athletic Conference to the Mountain West Conference in 2013 for football.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity Thursday because the move won't be formally announced until Friday. The Salt Lake Tribune first reported the move.
The person says Utah State is making the move to the MWC in all sports. A few of San Jose State's sports programs will not be affected.
The two schools would replace San Diego State and Boise State, which are joining the Big East for football.
Earlier Wednesday, University of Texas System regents approved letting UT-San Antonio move to Conference USA in 2013. UTSA will play in the WAC this season.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 84
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 28
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 24
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22