SALT LAKE CITY — A senior from Park City and another from Riverton are Presidential Scholars.
Secretary of Education Arne Duncan announced Wednesday that Skylar Goldman of Park City High and Andrew Johnson of Riverton High will be honored in Washington next month.
Two students from each state are chosen annually by the White House Commission on Presidential Scholars based on their academic record, essays, community service records and test scores.
— Associated Press
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Psychologist calls doctor accused of killing...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Man's decision to stop his life support led...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 61
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 44
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers... 18
- LDS missionary 'stable' following... 16
- Attorney General John Swallow says he's... 16