The Deseret News, Laura Seitz
I was grateful to represent my neighborhood and vote on April 21st. I have decided that Dan Liljenquist is good, and Sen. Orrin Hatch is best. Please consider two of the reasons behind my opinion.
First, I trust that Mitt Romney will be a very effective president. I also trust his decision to endorse Hatch, who will hit the floor running and lead in helping to restore our broken economy. He has always fought hard to balance the budget and will work harder than ever in his final six years.
Second, Liljenquist's argument that young men are taking over old men in the Senate worries me. Experience and seniority do matter. More than ever before, Bald Eagle Bureaucrats must give food back to the Seagull State Sovereignty.
Both American and Utah lands, jobs, education and finances will be better represented under Hatch's experience and trust in the Senate. Utah Republicans should let the tough old bird prove to us why Romney has chosen him first.
J. Andrew Watkins
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal, Affordable...
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- 18 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- Michael Gerson: America has enough problems...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and children...
- Letter: Antelope Island prison
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 82
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 71
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 42
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in... 37
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination... 28