The Deseret News, Laura Seitz
I was grateful to represent my neighborhood and vote on April 21st. I have decided that Dan Liljenquist is good, and Sen. Orrin Hatch is best. Please consider two of the reasons behind my opinion.
First, I trust that Mitt Romney will be a very effective president. I also trust his decision to endorse Hatch, who will hit the floor running and lead in helping to restore our broken economy. He has always fought hard to balance the budget and will work harder than ever in his final six years.
Second, Liljenquist's argument that young men are taking over old men in the Senate worries me. Experience and seniority do matter. More than ever before, Bald Eagle Bureaucrats must give food back to the Seagull State Sovereignty.
Both American and Utah lands, jobs, education and finances will be better represented under Hatch's experience and trust in the Senate. Utah Republicans should let the tough old bird prove to us why Romney has chosen him first.
J. Andrew Watkins
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should... 190
- My view: Marriage and social justice go... 98
- Greg Bell: Defenders of religious... 86
- In our opinion: Religious freedom... 52
- In our opinion: It's time to scrutinize... 51
- Letter: Gun control 50
- Letter: Obama fans? 43
- Faith, family and freedom join to... 25