Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The winner of the Conduct the Choir Facebook Contest will get a chance to stand at the front of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir during one of its rehearsals.
To enter the contest, go to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/MormonTabernacleChoir, click on the Choir Video Contest tab and download the audio clip of "Ode to Joy" from the choir's latest album, "Glory!" Then record a 30- to 60-second video conducting the choir. Then enter the competition by posting it on YouTube and following the other entry guidelines posted on the contest page. The deadline is May 25.
The top 10 videos, based on votes, will be selected as finalists, at which point the choir's leaders will select the eventual winner.
"This is a first for us and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a fan," said Scott Barrick, general manager of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. "The Choir's following is hugely loyal and we wanted to create an experience that would be fun and powerful. Standing in front of 360 voices, with a conductor's baton in hand, will certainly be a moment not to be forgotten."
The winning "conductor" will be invited to Salt Lake City to direct the choir during a rehearsal, planned for this summer. Other finalists will receive free copies of "Glory!" signed by choir director Mack Wilberg.
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in the...
- 'Frozen' star Santino Fontana discusses...
- LDS stake presidency participates in ALS Ice...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- Mormon teen, future U. gymnast earns silvers...
- Parenting advice that changed my life
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 69
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Obama administration announces new... 19
- Rev. Al Sharpton plays prominent role... 15
- ValueSpeak: To mow, or not to mow? 9
- Amish country bristles at... 8