The Salt Lake Bees suffered their seventh straight loss on Wednesday afternoon, as they dropped a 5-4 decision to the Fresno Grizzlies.
The Bees took a 1-0 lead in the first on an RBI single by Kole Calhoun, but Fresno came back with three in the bottom of the first on a solo homer by Conor Gillaspie and a two-run shot by Charlie Culberson.
The Grizzlies added two more in the sixth on a double by Todd Linden to stretch their lead to 5-2.
The Bees pulled to within one with two runs in the seventh on a solo homer by Andrew Romine and a run-scoring double by Calhoun and one more in the eighth on an RBI single by Romine.
Matt Shoemaker (2-1) took the loss, as he went six innings and allowed five runs on eight hits with six strikeouts and one walk.
Romine led the Bees with four hits and two runs batted in, while Calhoun added a pair of hits and two RBI.
Alexi Amarista doubled in the fifth inning to extend his hitting streak to 12 games.
In short: Andrew Romine hit 4-of-5 and Matt Shoemaker fanned six batters, but Fresno held on to a 5-1 lead after the sixth inning.
Up next: at Fresno, 8 p.m. today
Next homestand: May 8-15 vs. Round Rock (Rangers)/Albuquerque (Dodgers)
- 20 years ago: Utah Jazz drop heartbreaker to...
- 2 Indian climbers missing on Mount Everest...
- While Djokovic, Williams wait, Wawrinka gets...
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 133
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 55
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 39
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 36
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 27
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 25
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under... 18