The Salt Lake Bees suffered their seventh straight loss on Wednesday afternoon, as they dropped a 5-4 decision to the Fresno Grizzlies.
The Bees took a 1-0 lead in the first on an RBI single by Kole Calhoun, but Fresno came back with three in the bottom of the first on a solo homer by Conor Gillaspie and a two-run shot by Charlie Culberson.
The Grizzlies added two more in the sixth on a double by Todd Linden to stretch their lead to 5-2.
The Bees pulled to within one with two runs in the seventh on a solo homer by Andrew Romine and a run-scoring double by Calhoun and one more in the eighth on an RBI single by Romine.
Matt Shoemaker (2-1) took the loss, as he went six innings and allowed five runs on eight hits with six strikeouts and one walk.
Romine led the Bees with four hits and two runs batted in, while Calhoun added a pair of hits and two RBI.
Alexi Amarista doubled in the fifth inning to extend his hitting streak to 12 games.
In short: Andrew Romine hit 4-of-5 and Matt Shoemaker fanned six batters, but Fresno held on to a 5-1 lead after the sixth inning.
Up next: at Fresno, 8 p.m. today
Next homestand: May 8-15 vs. Round Rock (Rangers)/Albuquerque (Dodgers)
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big part...
- Jim McMahon: 37 years later, former BYU star...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- Week 2 NFL locals roundup: Players from Utah...
- BYU confirms Jim McMahon will be inducted...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have...
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will not go...
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 136
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 97
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 53
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 48