The Salt Lake Bees suffered their seventh straight loss on Wednesday afternoon, as they dropped a 5-4 decision to the Fresno Grizzlies.
The Bees took a 1-0 lead in the first on an RBI single by Kole Calhoun, but Fresno came back with three in the bottom of the first on a solo homer by Conor Gillaspie and a two-run shot by Charlie Culberson.
The Grizzlies added two more in the sixth on a double by Todd Linden to stretch their lead to 5-2.
The Bees pulled to within one with two runs in the seventh on a solo homer by Andrew Romine and a run-scoring double by Calhoun and one more in the eighth on an RBI single by Romine.
Matt Shoemaker (2-1) took the loss, as he went six innings and allowed five runs on eight hits with six strikeouts and one walk.
Romine led the Bees with four hits and two runs batted in, while Calhoun added a pair of hits and two RBI.
Alexi Amarista doubled in the fifth inning to extend his hitting streak to 12 games.
In short: Andrew Romine hit 4-of-5 and Matt Shoemaker fanned six batters, but Fresno held on to a 5-1 lead after the sixth inning.
Up next: at Fresno, 8 p.m. today
Next homestand: May 8-15 vs. Round Rock (Rangers)/Albuquerque (Dodgers)
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 33
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 26
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 18
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 14