OCEANSIDE, Calif. — Police in Oceanside, Calif., say former NFL star Junior Seau has been found dead at his home.
Police Lt. Karen Laser confirmed the death Wednesday but released no other details.
Police responded to a report of a shooting at 10 a.m. at Seau's home on the coast north of San Diego.
Seau was a standout linebacker with the University of Southern California before going to the San Diego Chargers, whom he led to the Super Bowl following the 1994 season.
He remained with the Chargers until 2003 and went on to play with the Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots before retiring after the 2009 season.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25