The Deseret News reached an all-time circulation high by more than doubling Sunday distribution figures from March 2011 to March 2012, according to new circulation data released Tuesday.
The Audit Bureau of Circulations reported that, between March 31, 2011, and March 31, 2012, Deseret News total average Sunday circulation grew from 79,436 to 160,617 — with the resulting 102-percent growth rate placing the Deseret News among the fastest-growing newspapers in the United States.
Circulation figures include growth from print-distribution partnerships in multiple cities in Utah and Idaho; national distribution of the Deseret News Sunday edition; and increased downloads of the Deseret News' iPad and iPhone mobile applications.
"We are pleased that Sunday circulation has more than doubled, reflecting the growth of the Deseret News both in Utah and around the country," Deseret News publisher Christopher Lee said. "Our team of journalists focus on our distinct brand and bring great value to the public dialogue, and we are proud of their incredible work."
Total average weekday circulation of the Deseret News grew by 14.6 percent, while Saturday circulation rose 25.8 percent thanks primarily to growth in mobile application downloads.
Even as the Deseret News expands nationally, local readership numbers continue to grow. Combined print and online local readership grew by 13.2 percent since the previous readership figures were released six months ago. DeseretNews.com unique visitors fell slightly from 2.61 million to 2.56 million during that time period, partly reflecting a shift to the mobile platforms that reached all-time highs in March.
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- 40 percent tax on employer insurance primed...
- Balancing act: To keep employees, focus on...
- RSL unveils massive new solar project
- AAA Center opens call center in Clearfield,...
- Warehouse clubs: Where to find the savings
- Gov. Gary Herbert among the first to 'fly' in...
- 3 reasons you should crowdfund your business
- 40 percent tax on employer insurance... 20
- Ogden farmer's pumpkin patch, version... 10
- Warehouse clubs: Where to find the savings 8
- Rocky Mountain Power honors LDS Church... 5
- A multigenerational hit: Student debt... 3
- Balancing act: To keep employees, focus... 2
- AAA Center opens call center in... 2
- Salt Lake police receive $1.8 million... 2