The Deseret News reached an all-time circulation high by more than doubling Sunday distribution figures from March 2011 to March 2012, according to new circulation data released Tuesday.
The Audit Bureau of Circulations reported that, between March 31, 2011, and March 31, 2012, Deseret News total average Sunday circulation grew from 79,436 to 160,617 — with the resulting 102-percent growth rate placing the Deseret News among the fastest-growing newspapers in the United States.
Circulation figures include growth from print-distribution partnerships in multiple cities in Utah and Idaho; national distribution of the Deseret News Sunday edition; and increased downloads of the Deseret News' iPad and iPhone mobile applications.
"We are pleased that Sunday circulation has more than doubled, reflecting the growth of the Deseret News both in Utah and around the country," Deseret News publisher Christopher Lee said. "Our team of journalists focus on our distinct brand and bring great value to the public dialogue, and we are proud of their incredible work."
Total average weekday circulation of the Deseret News grew by 14.6 percent, while Saturday circulation rose 25.8 percent thanks primarily to growth in mobile application downloads.
Even as the Deseret News expands nationally, local readership numbers continue to grow. Combined print and online local readership grew by 13.2 percent since the previous readership figures were released six months ago. DeseretNews.com unique visitors fell slightly from 2.61 million to 2.56 million during that time period, partly reflecting a shift to the mobile platforms that reached all-time highs in March.
- Utahns' satisfaction with downtown Salt Lake...
- Inventor pushes solar panels for roads, highways
- CNBC ranks Utah 3rd best state for business;...
- GOED announces incentives for 500 new Utah jobs
- 3 simple steps for building financial...
- Amazon asks FAA for permission to fly drones
- UTA gains Davis County approval for bus rapid...
- Winter skiing at Park City resort hangs on...
- US unemployment aid applications fall... 11
- Utah gas prices climb 14 cents from... 9
- Utahns' satisfaction with downtown Salt... 7
- DeseretNews.com continues to see... 6
- Inventor pushes solar panels for roads,... 4
- Kearns-Tribune, Deseret News ask judge... 4
- House votes to make business tax break... 3
- Smith's store to anchor development at... 3