Linda & Richard Eyre are right on ("Stemming the tide of gun violence," April 29). The Eyres will get some flack because of what they wrote, but I agree with them. They said it right. Guns are designed to kill. It doesn't matter who has the gun. It is designed to kill what ever the thing is aimed at. The producers of the violent games and movies are only seeking to make money. Games and movies that contain extreme violence do promote violence.
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse tends to...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- In our opinion: Park City's slippery slopes
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 47
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 29
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 28