SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Susan Powell's family and friends are announcing a plan to establish memorials for the missing Utah mother.
The Susan, Charlie and Braden Memorial Committee was announced Monday with a goal of raising money and establishing memorials in Utah and Puyallup, Wash., her family's hometown.
Susan Powell disappeared from her West Valley City home Dec. 6, 2009.
Her husband, Josh Powell, killed himself and their two young children in a gas-fueled inferno in February in Washington state.
Susan Powell's supporters say they're looking for small plots of land in Utah and Washington state for the memorials. They'd like to commission a sculpture of Susan Powell with her sons. The supporters say they're taking applications from artists.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 43
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23