SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Susan Powell's family and friends are announcing a plan to establish memorials for the missing Utah mother.
The Susan, Charlie and Braden Memorial Committee was announced Monday with a goal of raising money and establishing memorials in Utah and Puyallup, Wash., her family's hometown.
Susan Powell disappeared from her West Valley City home Dec. 6, 2009.
Her husband, Josh Powell, killed himself and their two young children in a gas-fueled inferno in February in Washington state.
Susan Powell's supporters say they're looking for small plots of land in Utah and Washington state for the memorials. They'd like to commission a sculpture of Susan Powell with her sons. The supporters say they're taking applications from artists.
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22