SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Susan Powell's family and friends are announcing a plan to establish memorials for the missing Utah mother.
The Susan, Charlie and Braden Memorial Committee was announced Monday with a goal of raising money and establishing memorials in Utah and Puyallup, Wash., her family's hometown.
Susan Powell disappeared from her West Valley City home Dec. 6, 2009.
Her husband, Josh Powell, killed himself and their two young children in a gas-fueled inferno in February in Washington state.
Susan Powell's supporters say they're looking for small plots of land in Utah and Washington state for the memorials. They'd like to commission a sculpture of Susan Powell with her sons. The supporters say they're taking applications from artists.
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11