Jason Swensen, Deseret News archives
BYU will temporarily close the Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum to the public beginning July 1 for construction work.
The closure will accommodate construction of a 30,000-square-foot addition to the east side of the museum. Construction will be completed in approximately one year. It is anticipated that the museum will reopen sometime during the fall of 2013.
The expansion will result in several new exhibits, including the President Boyd K. Packer Gallery, which will exhibit his collection of woodcarvings, paintings and illustrations.
Updates about construction and other museum information can be found on the museum website, www.mlbean.byu.edu.
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- 'American Idol' alum Brooke White creates...
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- The 37 most charitable celebrities
- 4 interactive ways to teach your kids about...
- Some communities suggest penalizing parents...
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders the...
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey... 7
- School lunch 'blech' factor may go down... 4
- 'Five Armies' brings the Hobbit trilogy... 4
- Why you should think twice before... 3
- Some communities suggest penalizing... 3
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these... 2
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders... 2