Kopp and Nielson also competed in the sprints, leading Southern Utah in the 200-meter dash with first- and second-place times of 22.22 and 22.39, respectively. Preston Myers earned a victory in the 100-meter dash with a first-place time of 10.61, also breaking into the record books with a personal best. The men also raced to a first-place finish over UVU in the 4x100-meter relay with a time of 41.86.
Jasmine Paicely-Mullins led the sprints on the womens side with a first-place time of 11.93 in the 100-meter dash, followed closely by Lindsay Terry in second with a 12.12 finish. Paicely-Mullins time ranks second in the school record books, while Terrys time ranks eighth.
The distance team was led by Kaylee Coates in the 800-meter run, with a first-place time of 2:16.22, while Sylvia Bedford and Madalyn Jones led in the womens 3,000-meter run. Bedford and Jones finished first and second with respective times of 10:14.60 and 10:17.25.
Clinton Rhoton won the 3,000-meters on the mens side, crossing the finish line in 8:44.06, while Devan Antczak led SUU in the milewith a second-place time of 4:22.47.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27