Utah Jazz head-to-head matchups against the San Antonio Spurs
He's come a long way since being drafted out of North Carolina by Cleveland with the 46th pick in 2009. He's a credible 3-point shooter, ranking 9th in the league at 43.6 percent. Veteran Manu Ginobili, who averages 12.9 points per game, will end up playing more minutes than Green off the bench at the guard spot.
9.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg
The 6-foot-7, 270-pounder from Pitt, who was picked in the second round in 2009, has started 61 of 63 games and shot 53 percent from the field. He plays a lot in the post, where he'll be outsized by Al Jefferson and Derrick Favors, who could each take advantage of the matchup.
7.9 ppg 5.1 rpg
The rookie from San Diego State started slowly, but worked his way into the starting lineup midway through the season. He is one of five rookies to have recorded four or more double-doubles this year. He'll have his hands full with Paul Millsap, but he has good backups in veterans Boris Diaw and Stephen Jackson.
15.4 ppg 9.0 rpg
He turned 36 last week, but the perennial all-star is still going strong, getting 15 and 9 per game, while shooting just under 50 percent from the field. He sat out eight regular-season games this year, including the final two games of the season and two last week, so he should be well-rested for the Jazz.
He's the favorite to win coach-of-the-year honors after leading a Spurs team to a tie for the best record in the NBA and 50 wins for the 13th straight season, an NBA record, after not much was expected from the Spurs before the season began. He now has 846 career victories going back to 1996.
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 commissioner frank about...
- Utah football: Pac-12 Football Media Day Central
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 225
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 93
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 76
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 46
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 41
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 27
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 26