Utah Jazz head-to-head matchups against the San Antonio Spurs
He's come a long way since being drafted out of North Carolina by Cleveland with the 46th pick in 2009. He's a credible 3-point shooter, ranking 9th in the league at 43.6 percent. Veteran Manu Ginobili, who averages 12.9 points per game, will end up playing more minutes than Green off the bench at the guard spot.
9.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg
The 6-foot-7, 270-pounder from Pitt, who was picked in the second round in 2009, has started 61 of 63 games and shot 53 percent from the field. He plays a lot in the post, where he'll be outsized by Al Jefferson and Derrick Favors, who could each take advantage of the matchup.
7.9 ppg 5.1 rpg
The rookie from San Diego State started slowly, but worked his way into the starting lineup midway through the season. He is one of five rookies to have recorded four or more double-doubles this year. He'll have his hands full with Paul Millsap, but he has good backups in veterans Boris Diaw and Stephen Jackson.
15.4 ppg 9.0 rpg
He turned 36 last week, but the perennial all-star is still going strong, getting 15 and 9 per game, while shooting just under 50 percent from the field. He sat out eight regular-season games this year, including the final two games of the season and two last week, so he should be well-rested for the Jazz.
He's the favorite to win coach-of-the-year honors after leading a Spurs team to a tie for the best record in the NBA and 50 wins for the 13th straight season, an NBA record, after not much was expected from the Spurs before the season began. He now has 846 career victories going back to 1996.
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's roundup
- Brotherhood: Vigil brothers have been driving...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 160
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 93
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 37
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30