Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
LOGAN — Utah State football fans have a new favorite NFL team to root for. Former Aggie running back Robert Turbin will join linebacker Bobby Wagner as the newest members of Seattle Seahawks. Turbin was taken by Seattle with their fourth round pick, the 106th selection overall.
Last year the Seahawks finished 21st in the NFL in rushing yards with just over 100 yards a game. Marshawn Lynch is the top option for Seattle leading the Seahawks with 1,204 yards and 12 touchdowns. Behind Lynch the Seahawks lacked a good second option at running back. Leon Washington finished second on the team with just 248 yards. With Lynch out of the lineup against the Bengals last season, the Seahawks scored three points and rushed for 65 yards in a three-point loss to the Bengals.
Turbin was last years Western Athletic Conference offensive Player of the Year. The Fremont, Calif., native finished with 1,517 rushing yards and 23 total touchdowns for the Aggies last year. Despite a lot of production Turbin slipped to the fourth rand in the draft due to injury concerns. An ACL tear kept Turbin out of the Aggies lineup two seasons ago and he missed time his freshman year with a foot injury.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 289
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 53
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 42
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37