Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
LOGAN — Utah State football fans have a new favorite NFL team to root for. Former Aggie running back Robert Turbin will join linebacker Bobby Wagner as the newest members of Seattle Seahawks. Turbin was taken by Seattle with their fourth round pick, the 106th selection overall.
Last year the Seahawks finished 21st in the NFL in rushing yards with just over 100 yards a game. Marshawn Lynch is the top option for Seattle leading the Seahawks with 1,204 yards and 12 touchdowns. Behind Lynch the Seahawks lacked a good second option at running back. Leon Washington finished second on the team with just 248 yards. With Lynch out of the lineup against the Bengals last season, the Seahawks scored three points and rushed for 65 yards in a three-point loss to the Bengals.
Turbin was last years Western Athletic Conference offensive Player of the Year. The Fremont, Calif., native finished with 1,517 rushing yards and 23 total touchdowns for the Aggies last year. Despite a lot of production Turbin slipped to the fourth rand in the draft due to injury concerns. An ACL tear kept Turbin out of the Aggies lineup two seasons ago and he missed time his freshman year with a foot injury.
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Off on the right foot: BYU Cougars looking...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 182
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 51
- ACC media days has some interesting... 38
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 31