Utah Utes lineman Tony Bergstrom drafted by Oakland Raiders in third round of NFL Draft
Keith Johnson, Deseret News archives
Former University of Utah offensive lineman Tony Bergstrom was selected by the Oakland Raiders in the third round (95th pick overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft.
The 6'5", 313-pound Bergstrom started for the Utes for three years after serving an LDS Church mission and earned first-team All-Pac-12 honors his senior year.
The Raiders have had a fair amount of turnover on their offensive line, but it's a position of importance for them after they made a big trade last season to acquire quarterback Carson Palmer. His protection will be a key factor going into 2012, so Bergstrom will likely have an opportunity to prove himself, if only as a backup at first.
Due to the Palmer trade, the Raiders actually didn't have a pick in the first three rounds. This pick was granted to them later by the NFL.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 108
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 43
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20