Utah Utes lineman Tony Bergstrom drafted by Oakland Raiders in third round of NFL Draft
Keith Johnson, Deseret News archives
Former University of Utah offensive lineman Tony Bergstrom was selected by the Oakland Raiders in the third round (95th pick overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft.
The 6'5", 313-pound Bergstrom started for the Utes for three years after serving an LDS Church mission and earned first-team All-Pac-12 honors his senior year.
The Raiders have had a fair amount of turnover on their offensive line, but it's a position of importance for them after they made a big trade last season to acquire quarterback Carson Palmer. His protection will be a key factor going into 2012, so Bergstrom will likely have an opportunity to prove himself, if only as a backup at first.
Due to the Palmer trade, the Raiders actually didn't have a pick in the first three rounds. This pick was granted to them later by the NFL.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 25