Utah Utes lineman Tony Bergstrom drafted by Oakland Raiders in third round of NFL Draft
Keith Johnson, Deseret News archives
Former University of Utah offensive lineman Tony Bergstrom was selected by the Oakland Raiders in the third round (95th pick overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft.
The 6'5", 313-pound Bergstrom started for the Utes for three years after serving an LDS Church mission and earned first-team All-Pac-12 honors his senior year.
The Raiders have had a fair amount of turnover on their offensive line, but it's a position of importance for them after they made a big trade last season to acquire quarterback Carson Palmer. His protection will be a key factor going into 2012, so Bergstrom will likely have an opportunity to prove himself, if only as a backup at first.
Due to the Palmer trade, the Raiders actually didn't have a pick in the first three rounds. This pick was granted to them later by the NFL.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 112
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 29
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans... 19