Utah Utes lineman Tony Bergstrom drafted by Oakland Raiders in third round of NFL Draft
Keith Johnson, Deseret News archives
Former University of Utah offensive lineman Tony Bergstrom was selected by the Oakland Raiders in the third round (95th pick overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft.
The 6'5", 313-pound Bergstrom started for the Utes for three years after serving an LDS Church mission and earned first-team All-Pac-12 honors his senior year.
The Raiders have had a fair amount of turnover on their offensive line, but it's a position of importance for them after they made a big trade last season to acquire quarterback Carson Palmer. His protection will be a key factor going into 2012, so Bergstrom will likely have an opportunity to prove himself, if only as a backup at first.
Due to the Palmer trade, the Raiders actually didn't have a pick in the first three rounds. This pick was granted to them later by the NFL.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 147
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 101
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 96
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25