Utah State linebacker Bobby Wagner taken by Seattle Seahawks in second round of NFL Draft
Former Utah State linebacker Bobby Wagner was selected by the Seattle Seahawks with the 47th pick of the 2012 NFL Draft on Friday.
The 6'0", 233-pound Wagner was a four-year star for the Aggies, where he played both inside and outside linebacker and led the team in tackles. He performed well at his pro day at Utah State, where scouts were impressed by his 40-yard-dash time and vertical leap.
Wagner will join a Seahawks team that is thin at the linebacker position. David Hawthorne started last year at middle linebacker and led the team in tackles, but he has since signed with the Saints. Another 2011 starter, Leroy Hill, signed a one-year contract this month to stay with Seattle, but he has had injuries and off-field legal troubles.
All that seems to indicate that Wagner could see the field soon for the Seahawks.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 52
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 52
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48