Utah State linebacker Bobby Wagner taken by Seattle Seahawks in second round of NFL Draft
Former Utah State linebacker Bobby Wagner was selected by the Seattle Seahawks with the 47th pick of the 2012 NFL Draft on Friday.
The 6'0", 233-pound Wagner was a four-year star for the Aggies, where he played both inside and outside linebacker and led the team in tackles. He performed well at his pro day at Utah State, where scouts were impressed by his 40-yard-dash time and vertical leap.
Wagner will join a Seahawks team that is thin at the linebacker position. David Hawthorne started last year at middle linebacker and led the team in tackles, but he has since signed with the Saints. Another 2011 starter, Leroy Hill, signed a one-year contract this month to stay with Seattle, but he has had injuries and off-field legal troubles.
All that seems to indicate that Wagner could see the field soon for the Seahawks.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26