Utah State linebacker Bobby Wagner taken by Seattle Seahawks in second round of NFL Draft
Former Utah State linebacker Bobby Wagner was selected by the Seattle Seahawks with the 47th pick of the 2012 NFL Draft on Friday.
The 6'0", 233-pound Wagner was a four-year star for the Aggies, where he played both inside and outside linebacker and led the team in tackles. He performed well at his pro day at Utah State, where scouts were impressed by his 40-yard-dash time and vertical leap.
Wagner will join a Seahawks team that is thin at the linebacker position. David Hawthorne started last year at middle linebacker and led the team in tackles, but he has since signed with the Saints. Another 2011 starter, Leroy Hill, signed a one-year contract this month to stay with Seattle, but he has had injuries and off-field legal troubles.
All that seems to indicate that Wagner could see the field soon for the Seahawks.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22