Utah State linebacker Bobby Wagner taken by Seattle Seahawks in second round of NFL Draft
Former Utah State linebacker Bobby Wagner was selected by the Seattle Seahawks with the 47th pick of the 2012 NFL Draft on Friday.
The 6'0", 233-pound Wagner was a four-year star for the Aggies, where he played both inside and outside linebacker and led the team in tackles. He performed well at his pro day at Utah State, where scouts were impressed by his 40-yard-dash time and vertical leap.
Wagner will join a Seahawks team that is thin at the linebacker position. David Hawthorne started last year at middle linebacker and led the team in tackles, but he has since signed with the Saints. Another 2011 starter, Leroy Hill, signed a one-year contract this month to stay with Seattle, but he has had injuries and off-field legal troubles.
All that seems to indicate that Wagner could see the field soon for the Seahawks.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34