Utah State linebacker Bobby Wagner taken by Seattle Seahawks in second round of NFL Draft
Former Utah State linebacker Bobby Wagner was selected by the Seattle Seahawks with the 47th pick of the 2012 NFL Draft on Friday.
The 6'0", 233-pound Wagner was a four-year star for the Aggies, where he played both inside and outside linebacker and led the team in tackles. He performed well at his pro day at Utah State, where scouts were impressed by his 40-yard-dash time and vertical leap.
Wagner will join a Seahawks team that is thin at the linebacker position. David Hawthorne started last year at middle linebacker and led the team in tackles, but he has since signed with the Saints. Another 2011 starter, Leroy Hill, signed a one-year contract this month to stay with Seattle, but he has had injuries and off-field legal troubles.
All that seems to indicate that Wagner could see the field soon for the Seahawks.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 107
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 32
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20