My wife and I have been Pioneer Theater Company season ticket holders since 1957. We enjoyed a recent article introducing the talents and skills of the new artistic director, Karen Azenberg, and join the Deseret News in our fond expectations for her success in future years ("New Pioneer Theatre Company artistic director promises to polish 'a gem' of Utah," April 21).
As noted, Charles Morey is indeed a "legend." But he did not work alone. The name of a most important teammate — Chris Lino — should have also been mentioned in your article. He too should be regarded as a creative genius.
Your article spoke of the financial success of PTC as something of a feat in a difficult time for community theater. That success in a major way is due to the business acumen and innovative talent of Lino.
Salt Lake City
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Nelson Mandela left legacy of freedom and faith
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- In our opinion: Earmarks are becoming a...
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 47
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 17
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 16