A calendar of LDS-themed events from around the United States and Canada.
CES Fireside: Elder Marlin K. Jensen, May 6, 6 p.m. MDT (see cesfiresides.lds.org)
Multistate YSA Conference 2012: May 18-20, Springdale and Fayetteville, Arkansas (register at ozarkysa.com )
Time Out for Women and Time Out for Girls: May 4-5, Long Beach Convention Center, theater, 300 E. Ocean Blvd., Long Beach (see www.tofw.com and deseretbook.com/timeout/tofg for registration, cost, presenters and other information)
Erie: Adoption Awareness 5K run/walk, May 19 (see coloradofsa.blogspot.com/2012/04/adoption-awareness-5k-walkrun.html for information)
Denver: Central Region Families Supporting Adoption Conference (for adoptive and birth families), June 8-9 (see centralregionfsa.blogspot.com/2012/03/central-region-families-supporting.html for information)
Tampa: "Choose to be Great," Regional YSA Conference, June 22-24 (see ysaconference.org or contact Jane French 813-928-4465) for registration information
BYU— Idaho (Rexburg): Diamond Rio, May 4, Hart Auditorium; Josh Wright, May 11; Mirari Brass Quintet, May 15; "An Evening with Bill Cosby," June 8, Hart Auditorium; Alyson Cambridge, June 28; "Patriots and Pioneers," a tribute performed by university choirs and the Symphony Band, July 14, BYU-Idaho Center; Jon Schmidt and Steven Sharp Perry, July 26 (see www.byui.edu/tickets or by calling 208-496-3170)
Washington D.C. Temple Visitors' Center: Textile exhibit, "Family Ties," daily, though April 30; "Artist, Interrupted," April 28, 7 p.m.; Northern Virginia Institute Choir, April 29, 7 p.m.; Utah Valley University Chamber Choir, May 6, 7 p.m.; Night of Music and Inspiration, May 8, 7:30 p.m.; BYU-Hawaii Alumni Chapter, May 12, 7 p.m.; Lyons Sister, May 13, 7 p.m.; Why I Believe: Olga Campora, May 20, 7 p.m. (see www.mormon.org/dc)
Independence Visitors Center: "Witnesses of Christ," art exhibit by Liz Lemon Swindle, through April 30, Independence Visitors Center, 927 W. Walnut, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. (call 816-836-3477 for information)
Kansas City Missouri Temple: Open house, through April 28 (tickets required, see kansascitymormontemple.org); dedication, May 6 (tickets from a bishop or branch president required)
Time Out for Women: May 4-5, Long Beach Convention Center, theater, 300 E. Ocean Blvd., Long Beach (see www.tofw.com for registration, cost, presenters and other information)
Las Vegas: Workshop: "Especially For Families" (for LDS adoptive families), April 28 (see nevadafsa.blogspot.com/2012/04/especially-for-families-workshop.html for information)
Portland Ensign Choir and Orchestra: "Once Upon a Dream" concerts with Jenny Oaks Baker, June 15, 8 p.m., Salem (tickets required, see www.portlandensign.org)
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- LDS Church confirms women's meeting now part...
- Days before deadline, brain cancer victim may...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a dozen
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: The burden and...
- Defending the Faith: Doctrine and Covenants...
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 62
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 37
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 30
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a... 20
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Using faith... 19
- LDS Church confirms women's meeting now... 18
- Churches proceed carefully when... 16
- Defending the Faith: Doctrine and... 14