FRISCO, Texas (AP) — Emiliano Bonfigli scored his first MLS goal in the 72nd minute to lift Real Salt Lake to a 1-1 draw with FC Dallas on Wednesday night.
Bonfigli, who entered the game in the 69th minute as a substitute for Paulo Junior, was playing in only his second MLS game and played only one minute in his previous appearance. Will Johnson set up the score with a pass that went between two FC Dallas defenders to Bonfigli, who raced past defender George John and scored from about 15 yards away.
Real Salt Lake (5-3-1) snapped a two-game losing streak.
Brek Shea scored on penalty kick in first half stoppage time for FC Dallas (3-3-2), which remained unbeaten at home at 3-0-2. The penalty kick was awarded after Tony Beltran was called for a handball inside the penalty area.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 148
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 50
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27