Daniel Ochoa de Olza, Associated Press
MADRID — Jose Mourinho pledged his future to Real Madrid despite failing to reach the Champions League final for the second straight season.
He says, "if the club and the players want me to continue, I will."
Mourinho also used Wednesday's European exit to take a swipe at archrival Barcelona.
Madrid lost 3-1 on penalties to Bayern Munich after the two-legged semifinal series ended 3-3 overall. Chelsea eliminated defending champion Barcelona on Tuesday.
Mourinho was quick to defend Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka and Sergio Ramos' penalty misses by pointing to Barcelona star Lionel Messi's miss against Chelsea.
He also says those who criticized Chelsea's defensive tactics "know nothing."
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 63
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28