Daniel Ochoa de Olza, Associated Press
MADRID — Jose Mourinho pledged his future to Real Madrid despite failing to reach the Champions League final for the second straight season.
He says, "if the club and the players want me to continue, I will."
Mourinho also used Wednesday's European exit to take a swipe at archrival Barcelona.
Madrid lost 3-1 on penalties to Bayern Munich after the two-legged semifinal series ended 3-3 overall. Chelsea eliminated defending champion Barcelona on Tuesday.
Mourinho was quick to defend Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka and Sergio Ramos' penalty misses by pointing to Barcelona star Lionel Messi's miss against Chelsea.
He also says those who criticized Chelsea's defensive tactics "know nothing."
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 103
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24