Daniel Ochoa de Olza, Associated Press
MADRID — Jose Mourinho pledged his future to Real Madrid despite failing to reach the Champions League final for the second straight season.
He says, "if the club and the players want me to continue, I will."
Mourinho also used Wednesday's European exit to take a swipe at archrival Barcelona.
Madrid lost 3-1 on penalties to Bayern Munich after the two-legged semifinal series ended 3-3 overall. Chelsea eliminated defending champion Barcelona on Tuesday.
Mourinho was quick to defend Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka and Sergio Ramos' penalty misses by pointing to Barcelona star Lionel Messi's miss against Chelsea.
He also says those who criticized Chelsea's defensive tactics "know nothing."
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Utah State's Evans has been on a 'long journey'
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 38
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 24