Daniel Ochoa de Olza, Associated Press
MADRID — Jose Mourinho pledged his future to Real Madrid despite failing to reach the Champions League final for the second straight season.
He says, "if the club and the players want me to continue, I will."
Mourinho also used Wednesday's European exit to take a swipe at archrival Barcelona.
Madrid lost 3-1 on penalties to Bayern Munich after the two-legged semifinal series ended 3-3 overall. Chelsea eliminated defending champion Barcelona on Tuesday.
Mourinho was quick to defend Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka and Sergio Ramos' penalty misses by pointing to Barcelona star Lionel Messi's miss against Chelsea.
He also says those who criticized Chelsea's defensive tactics "know nothing."
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Friday night lights central, playoffs...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's progress...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Langi making an impact at linebacker for BYU
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- Ranking the starting centers in the NBA from...
- Middle Tennessee excited about home game...
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 60
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- High school football: State tournament... 55
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve... 51
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 35
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32