Daniel Ochoa de Olza, Associated Press
MADRID — Jose Mourinho pledged his future to Real Madrid despite failing to reach the Champions League final for the second straight season.
He says, "if the club and the players want me to continue, I will."
Mourinho also used Wednesday's European exit to take a swipe at archrival Barcelona.
Madrid lost 3-1 on penalties to Bayern Munich after the two-legged semifinal series ended 3-3 overall. Chelsea eliminated defending champion Barcelona on Tuesday.
Mourinho was quick to defend Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka and Sergio Ramos' penalty misses by pointing to Barcelona star Lionel Messi's miss against Chelsea.
He also says those who criticized Chelsea's defensive tactics "know nothing."
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 46
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45