Chris Pizzello, file, Associated Press
LOS ANGELES — Britney Spears' fiance has received a judge's approval to join her father as a co-conservator and help manage the singer's personal affairs.
A judge in Los Angeles approved a request Wednesday by Spears and her court-appointed attorney to add Jason Trawick to the case.
He joins Spears' father Jamie Spears in controlling several decision-making aspects of the singer's personal life but will not have a role in managing her assets.
Trawick has served as Spears' agent, They became engaged last year.
The 30-year-old singer remains under a court-ordered conservatorship that has been in place more than four years after a series of high-profile incidents of erratic behavior and her messy divorce.
Spears did not attend Wednesday's hearing, much of which was closed to the public.
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- The Clean Cut: Two popular YouTube singers...
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: The biggest...
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- A dozen children's books I could read every day
- First trailer for 'Night at the Museum:...
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 15
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- George W. Bush writes book about father 3
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The... 3
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes... 2
- Elegant Louvre Garden in Paris infested... 1
- Behind the scenes of the Utah... 1