Tom Mihalek, Associated Press
VOORHEES, N.J. — Let the other Eastern Conference playoff teams beat each other up for seven games. The Philadelphia Flyers are happy to rest and recover until they find out who they play in the second round.
Three Eastern Conference quarterfinal series will be decided in Game 7s on Wednesday and Thursday. The Flyers haven't played since Sunday when they eliminated the Pittsburgh Penguins in six games.
The Flyers took Monday off. They returned to practice on Tuesday and scrimmaged on Wednesday.
Danny Briere, Jaromir Jagr and Kimmo Timonen earned another maintenance day of rest Wednesday. Injured defensemen Nicklas Grossmann and Andrej Meszaros practiced and could be available for the next round.
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26