Tom Mihalek, Associated Press
VOORHEES, N.J. — Let the other Eastern Conference playoff teams beat each other up for seven games. The Philadelphia Flyers are happy to rest and recover until they find out who they play in the second round.
Three Eastern Conference quarterfinal series will be decided in Game 7s on Wednesday and Thursday. The Flyers haven't played since Sunday when they eliminated the Pittsburgh Penguins in six games.
The Flyers took Monday off. They returned to practice on Tuesday and scrimmaged on Wednesday.
Danny Briere, Jaromir Jagr and Kimmo Timonen earned another maintenance day of rest Wednesday. Injured defensemen Nicklas Grossmann and Andrej Meszaros practiced and could be available for the next round.
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- Local flavor in the NBA: Lillard continues to...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 143
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 38
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 36
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21