Tom Mihalek, Associated Press
VOORHEES, N.J. — Let the other Eastern Conference playoff teams beat each other up for seven games. The Philadelphia Flyers are happy to rest and recover until they find out who they play in the second round.
Three Eastern Conference quarterfinal series will be decided in Game 7s on Wednesday and Thursday. The Flyers haven't played since Sunday when they eliminated the Pittsburgh Penguins in six games.
The Flyers took Monday off. They returned to practice on Tuesday and scrimmaged on Wednesday.
Danny Briere, Jaromir Jagr and Kimmo Timonen earned another maintenance day of rest Wednesday. Injured defensemen Nicklas Grossmann and Andrej Meszaros practiced and could be available for the next round.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 27
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21