Ravell Call, Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Ronald O. Barney will speak about "Joseph Smith, Man of Faith" at the Men and Women of Faith lecture series Thursday, May 19, at 7 p.m. at the Church Office Building auditorium, 50 E. North Temple Street, Salt Lake City.
Barney plans to speak about the life of the Prophet and how his courage and love helped him through a lifetime of trials. His life called for physical and emotional courage, native resourcefulness and an ability to continually adapt. He remained down to earth while having access to the heavens. Through a lifetime of constant verbal and physical harassment, the Prophet's immense love and compassion for others allowed him to stay constant in his efforts to preach and reestablish the Lord's gospel.
For information about this free event, see history.lds.org/event/man-of-faith or call 801-240-2745.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 176
- 11 things you should know about the... 77
- General Women's Session focuses on... 32
- State bills to protect religious... 24
- The challenges and blessings of... 24
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 17
- Taylor Halverson: Learning is becoming... 17
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 17