Ravell Call, Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Ronald O. Barney will speak about "Joseph Smith, Man of Faith" at the Men and Women of Faith lecture series Thursday, May 19, at 7 p.m. at the Church Office Building auditorium, 50 E. North Temple Street, Salt Lake City.
Barney plans to speak about the life of the Prophet and how his courage and love helped him through a lifetime of trials. His life called for physical and emotional courage, native resourcefulness and an ability to continually adapt. He remained down to earth while having access to the heavens. Through a lifetime of constant verbal and physical harassment, the Prophet's immense love and compassion for others allowed him to stay constant in his efforts to preach and reestablish the Lord's gospel.
For information about this free event, see history.lds.org/event/man-of-faith or call 801-240-2745.
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- 10 religious leaders you may not know about
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Over half a million people attended Ogden...
- Should I stay or should I go? How faith adds...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 36
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 13
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 5
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- Over half a million people attended... 4
- 5 unusual places of worship 4
- Pope Francis to marry couples with... 3