Ravell Call, Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Ronald O. Barney will speak about "Joseph Smith, Man of Faith" at the Men and Women of Faith lecture series Thursday, May 19, at 7 p.m. at the Church Office Building auditorium, 50 E. North Temple Street, Salt Lake City.
Barney plans to speak about the life of the Prophet and how his courage and love helped him through a lifetime of trials. His life called for physical and emotional courage, native resourcefulness and an ability to continually adapt. He remained down to earth while having access to the heavens. Through a lifetime of constant verbal and physical harassment, the Prophet's immense love and compassion for others allowed him to stay constant in his efforts to preach and reestablish the Lord's gospel.
For information about this free event, see history.lds.org/event/man-of-faith or call 801-240-2745.
- Overwhelming reaction causes changes to...
- British judge hears arguments in case LDS...
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Faith carries LDS couple as each of their...
- Which bible do Americans read most?
- 10 accomplishments of the Relief Society
- LDS Church History Symposium presenter tells...
- 'Noah' receives disclaimer, may be banned in...
- Defending the Faith: Is morality mere... 117
- British judge hears arguments in case... 47
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in... 41
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why... 32
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 29
- Overwhelming reaction causes changes to... 19
- Calif. city torn by multiple fights... 16
- Faith carries LDS couple as each of... 13