Ravell Call, Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Ronald O. Barney will speak about "Joseph Smith, Man of Faith" at the Men and Women of Faith lecture series Thursday, May 19, at 7 p.m. at the Church Office Building auditorium, 50 E. North Temple Street, Salt Lake City.
Barney plans to speak about the life of the Prophet and how his courage and love helped him through a lifetime of trials. His life called for physical and emotional courage, native resourcefulness and an ability to continually adapt. He remained down to earth while having access to the heavens. Through a lifetime of constant verbal and physical harassment, the Prophet's immense love and compassion for others allowed him to stay constant in his efforts to preach and reestablish the Lord's gospel.
For information about this free event, see history.lds.org/event/man-of-faith or call 801-240-2745.
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- LDS growth in India draws media attention
- Space and religion: How believers view latest...
- Tabernacle hosts annual LDS Latino Christmas...
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 24
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 22
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man... 20
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood'... 16
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 12