Ravell Call, Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Ronald O. Barney will speak about "Joseph Smith, Man of Faith" at the Men and Women of Faith lecture series Thursday, May 19, at 7 p.m. at the Church Office Building auditorium, 50 E. North Temple Street, Salt Lake City.
Barney plans to speak about the life of the Prophet and how his courage and love helped him through a lifetime of trials. His life called for physical and emotional courage, native resourcefulness and an ability to continually adapt. He remained down to earth while having access to the heavens. Through a lifetime of constant verbal and physical harassment, the Prophet's immense love and compassion for others allowed him to stay constant in his efforts to preach and reestablish the Lord's gospel.
For information about this free event, see history.lds.org/event/man-of-faith or call 801-240-2745.
- Mormon mom battling breast cancer during...
- LDS sister missionaries assaulted in Chile
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring believes he...
- Defending the Faith: Going up to Jerusalem
- Wright Words: Founding member of SEAL Team...
- Online system will allow Mormons to pay... 72
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring... 53
- God will give you more than you can... 51
- Defending the Faith: Going up to Jerusalem 30
- Mormon man's half-court shot is a... 25
- LDS sister missionaries assaulted in Chile 14
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps... 9
- BYU Cougarettes, National Hip-Hop... 8