Stephen Dunn, Getty Images
Our take: Manny "Pac-Man" Pacquiao, a boxing champ from the Philippines, was once referred to as the "Fighter of the Decade. His life took a series of turns that caused him to reevaluate the direction he was heading and eventually led him to seek God which changed his life. Where fame, fortune and family pressures took their toll, Pacquiao now fills that void with his relationship with Christ.
Philippine boxing champ Manny "Pac-Man" Pacquiao is now telling the world about the true champion of his life: God.
The Boxing Writer's Association of America named Pacquiao "Fighter of the Decade." In his 17-year career, he fought his way to the top, becoming the first eight-division boxing champ of the world.
But fame and fortune didn't come easy for "Pac-Man."
His parents separated when he was in elementary school. And extreme poverty forced him to leave home and find a job in Manila at age 13 to support his family.
For a time, Pacquiao lived on the streets. He sold flowers and worked in construction sites just to survive.
Read more about Manny "Pac-Man" Pacquiao's life-changing decision at CBN.com.
- This is even more evidence that Jesus may...
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- Helping people deal with criticisms against...
- Mormon Channel releases gritty videos of real...
- How serving an LDS mission prepared me for...
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between Lehite...
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program
- 8 interesting facts about the Toronto Ontario...
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program 256
- Marching band not allowed to perform... 105
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between... 44
- LDS Church releases statement after... 28
- Mormon woman will be first female West... 16
- This is even more evidence that Jesus... 13
- Is there too much faith in college... 12
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 9